If I trade manually, what magic number does MT4 use? - page 2

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Why are you surprised?

This is what we told you.

And why are you getting yourself so hot under the collar about it?

Relax.

Build your EA.

CB

My EA is already done, and it's doing very well with real money. It is not for sale.

The reason I'm hot about it is that it gets requotes a lot. So I wonder if broker did tricks against it.

On ther other hand, it runs on demo with twice the profits, all because of no requotes.

I'm thankful if someone can take this suggestion to MT4 platform developers to hide EAs' automated trades.

It is not the only ability MQ has given to brokers. Filtering can be defined to an extent under the brokerage firms admin server control panel. But this is a little off topic and has been exposed in the past by software developers that have a licensed copy. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they can detect if manual or automated trading is taking place, MT client is in no way open source or end user friendly but only brokererage firm friendly oriantated. Ease of use and all integrated features are about as unlimited and end user friendly is as MQ-MT client will ever be, IMO.

YOU should be very careful of which broker you trade with in any case, but each broker has the ability to give requotes (not a plugin but as standard) to a particular client if they so wish to, this also comes as part of their arsenal in the MetaTrader admin server control panel. If you send me a PM I can provide you with more details and articles (not forum material) on this. Of course and once again I state this is all only in my opinion.

Some info here on requotes. In the meantime adding a function to select the amount of slippage for the EA may help to limit lack of some trades. When slippage happens it may be wise to have a rule to adjust the stop loss and profit targets accordingly.

'Modelling Requotes in Tester and Expert Advisor Stability Analysis'

You can simulate mouse click and button hit in your program, in this way the broker won't know you use automatic trading bot.

GreatShore:
You can simulate mouse click and button hit in your program, in this way the broker won't know you use automatic trading bot.

Never heard such nonsense. CB

If you are getting a bum deal from your Dealer, perhaps a change of dance partmers is in order.

cloudbreaker:

Never heard such nonsense. CB

you nwver heard it did not mean it impossible.

GreatShore:

you nwver heard it did not mean it impossible.

Ok. Let me put it this way then.

Its impossible.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Ok. Let me put it this way then.

Its impossible.

I suspect that it isn't literally impossible. It ought to be possible to automate the dialog by simulating keypresses. But I do agree with the more fundamental point, which is that you'd have to be barking mad to try doing this.

I was assuming we were talking about interfacing an EA to a broker and making use of the MQL framework. That is, after all, the subject matter of this forum. In the context of coding within the MQL framework, it is impossible. The MT4 server platform identifies expert vs manual trading messages to the broker.

Please tell me no-one would dream of writing some MT4 screen-scraping DLL to call from an EA. This sort of technique had a bad name even back in the early 80s - nowadays IT folk are expected to be a little more informed about complexity and reliability.

CB

Reason: