Have something changed in tester in the last couple month???

Hello,

I have several EA running for me. I note monthly result for each of them and do backtesting to see if the tester will give me the same results. Everything worked fine until recently. Now all backtests are way of the live trading on all experts. I'm not talking one trade here and there, I'm talking comletely different picture. Is there something I missed? Have something changed in MT or tester? I'm using Alpari as my broker.

Help! Thanks!

Yuri

yuripoll:

Hello,

I have several EA running for me. I note monthly result for each of them and do backtesting to see if the tester will give me the same results. Everything worked fine until recently. Now all backtests are way of the live trading on all experts. I'm not talking one trade here and there, I'm talking comletely different picture. Is there something I missed? Have something changed in MT or tester? I'm using Alpari as my broker.

Help! Thanks!

Yuri

Could be this:

Probably liveupdate emptied history center. I don't know if this always happen, or whether there is a problem in the terminal

before allowing to do an liveupdate of the terminal, I always make a copy of of history center for the pairs of interest and all timeframes. I noticed that whenever an update took place, the history center could become empty. Because of that, I lost 1min history for the whole 2008, simultaneously in all my computers and distinct brokers. I don't know if this always happen, but still I now always make copies. And we cannot import quotes from other sources, because there will be inconsistencies, such as slightgly distinct prices, different timezones, ticks counted per period, and so on.

I re-downloaded history for all pairs. Still same issue...

Anyone can help?

Reason: