struck gold with real results

It will be better if you only post your results when you struck gold with real live accounts. Based on my experience, any golden back tests and even demo tests could easily fall apart when it comes to live test.

This is because brokers with dealing desk or banks on ECN accept orders and close orders completely different from demo tests, not to mention history back tests.

So if your EA scalps just a few pips in short amount of time, it may not work when it comes to live test.

Oops, I meant to reply to another thread 'What happens if you think you have struck gold?', not meant to start a new topic.

I agree with you, actually I was going to start a topic to clear out this point

lol Chi. If things go well, I'll post my results for this week on friday. This is gonna be a live demo.

What doeasn't work on long time backtesting (ten years at least) there is no need to try it on live

shrung wrote >>

What doeasn't work on long time backtesting (ten years at least) there is no need to try it on live

Not necessarily. If your EA can be adjusted over time with settings such as price action, there is no need to go back as far as 10 years. You could test to see if it can be made profitable back then with different settings, if it can, it's a safe bet you can adjust it for the future as market changes. It's not a requirement to be a one-size-fits-all.

Reason: