Have you ever used the MQL5 Wizard ? - page 2

It's seems a majority of programmer don't use the Wizard, maybe only because of a lack of information, so I suggest you this article.

Hi Alain !

I am not a programmer, so I don't use the wizard.

And I think MQL5 should make a website, where we can make codes from given parameters, such as if RSI >14, do this, etc.

:) 

angevoyageur:
It's seems a majority of programmer don't use the Wizard, maybe only because of a lack of information, so I suggest you this article.
I found the code it produced very hard to follow,  but I am a comparative OOP virgin ;-)

Shunmas:

Hi Alain !

I am not a programmer, so I don't use the wizard.

And I think MQL5 should make a website, where we can make codes from given parameters, such as if RSI >14, do this, etc.

:) 

Oh you're back. The Wizard isn't only for programmers, you can just create an EA based on the RSI without coding. Anyway good idea to have this directly from a website, maybe a poll for the opinion of the community ? :-D

RaptorUK:
I found the code it produced very hard to follow,  but I am a comparative OOP virgin ;-)
Yes I agree, if you have to customize the code, you have to learn OOP and the classes hierarchy.

RaptorUK:

You are absolutely right, but keep in mind that this may be an evolution opportunity.

My take away to this was built some EAs changing the code just in key points and it is working very well, because I can generate very fast new control modes and insert standard code using a self created parser to improve the code after the Wizard processing. 

So, while the Wizard is not so open to insert personal code (and this is an idea for the evolution of Wizard), for instance decision algorithms, I think we can automate this process inserting standard codes in key points. 

Mechanism of signal module is well explained in the documentation.

figurelli:

You are absolutely right, but keep in mind that this may be an evolution opportunity.

My take away to this was built some EAs changing the code just in key points and it is working very well, because I can generate very fast new control modes and insert standard code using a self created parser to improve the code after the Wizard processing. 

So, while the Wizard is not so open to insert personal code (and this is an idea for the evolution of Wizard), for instance decision algorithms, I think we can automate this process inserting standard codes in key points. 

You are wrong, you can add all personal code you wish, see for example this article.

I am not a programmer and wizard for me represent the only way to create easy profitable EA. Using wizard and backtest I have created my trading system that I have launched on august first 2013 and is starting giving me the first positive results.

Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The knowledge of programming languages is no longer a prerequisite for creating trading robots. Earlier lack of programming skills was an impassable obstacle to the implementation of one's own trading strategies, but with the emergence of the MQL5 Wizard, the situation radically changed. Novice traders can stop worrying because of the lack of programming experience - with the new Wizard, which allows you to generate Expert Advisor code, it is not necessary.

I forgot....wizard should be implemented with more indicators by default for who isn't a programmer but we can always ask you guys in job section. also is a little poor of trailing stop indicators.
Reason: