*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING *** - page 3

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Embarrassingly enough, the search facility doesn't seem to be working at present. Or is it just me?

CB

No its stopped, have posted to Rosh about it

-BB-

Google has enough saved data to search this forum with that

Search is back on today - no excuses :)

-BB-

blogzr3:

I find the search engine actually quite good.

For eg, I can never remember all those functions and their parameters, and when the search results are returned according to the category (on the left), I can zoom in on Documentation or whatever else I was looking for at the time. Nor do I have any issues in just doing a general search and Google doesn't really add any more value in searching this site.

And no, I'm not Russian.

What I not understand is the very good context sensitive pop up help of MetaEditor - WHY... do some feel need to waste time searching this s.i.t.e. ???

And... Search is available today in your area

-BB-

fbj wrote >>

What I not understand is the very good context sensitive pop up help of MetaEditor - WHY... do some feel need to waste time searching this s.i.t.e. ???

Mind you, I recently just could not decipher .ru speak on an item, so come here and was amazed to see under documentation search area that there was a sh*t load of info.

Damn, put the Ed's docs to shame!

I reckon not enough project member collaboration cohesiveness in the MT crew regards just what, when and where the docs outta be. just my 2cents worth of course ;)

cloudbreaker wrote >>

This message is directed especially to new members.

Recently I'm finding myself (and noticing some of the other programmers) answering the same questions time after time after time.

It is quite clear that many new members post their questions without searching the forum or using the documentation.

Some of the repeated questions are:

- I'm getting Error 130

- How do I make my EA just do 1 order per day

- My loop to close orders isn't working reliably

- How do I know if an order is closed

- How do I use magic numbers

- How do I pass data between EAs or persist data when my EA shuts down

- How do I protect my EA from prying eyes (and decompilers)

This forum is cluttered at the best of times.

Please use the SEARCH facility.

Please consult the Documentation here:

https://docs.mql4.com//

Thanks,

CB

Actually, this is a well known problem in any forum.

Cloudbreaker is right about the fact that the function

for(i=0;i<infinity;i++)
   {
    switch(Problem)
          {
           case EA: if(Exactproblem!=Searchresult[1]) CreateNewTopic(Searchresult[MathRand()]);
           case Indicators: if(Exactproblem!=Searchresult[1]) CreateNewTopic(Searchresult[MathRand()]);
           case General: if(Exactproblem!=Searchresult[1]) CreateNewTopic(Searchresult[MathRand()]);
           default: if(Exactproblem!=Searchresult[1]) CreateNewTopic(Searchresult[MathRand()]);
          }
    }

is executed much too often.

But it may also result out of the fact that the "Forum" is a little unorganized.

For example you could make a differentiation about the Topics that are written:

• Inicator Scripting related Questions
  • EA Scripting related Qs
  • Function related Qs
  • General Qs

And there could also be a 'delete Topic' Button for the one who founded it in case his answer was answered and he doesn't think it's valueable to other members anymore. Would help to keep the Forum cleaner...

Anyway, I think those suggestions are more kind of inputs for the hopefully soon upcoming MQL5 Forum.

You may also implement an "Autogroup" function that displays topics that seem to be quite the same in a group...I think there are some server plugins out there capable of doing that...

Just saw, that cloudbreaker had a topic about that....

Welcome to our world.

:-)

CB

Your site Search is Not Good.

Do you know? i am using google for Searching topics in this Site.

At least add Google custom Search in this Site.

Thanks.

Reason: