As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals? - page 12

AmitJamuda:
Depends on how it trades, will have to look at the trade patterns.
This is logical. Take a test, observe it trading, check results and then determine how it might trade when exposed to the live market. It's a judgement call. All systems, in back test, demo, and live, have the same potential on predicting future price action, which is zero. You can not absolutely predict the future. I used to be able to, but sadly.. my crystal ball broke.  ---(-:

figurelli:

Thanks about the pool.

Right Paulo, but note that with this real account, emotions are very high, and in this case if the provider detect some risky markert it will close the account.

With Demo Accounts you have no emotions, I think this is really relevant to research and find new and old good strategies.

I think if after creating your trading plan, and testing it, you should trade according to your plan by robot, leaving emotion out.

angevoyageur:

Thanks, seems I am not alone, it's a comfort.

From what I can see, it's very profitable for some providers who benefits from the system : open a lot of demo accounts, try all sort of strategies, take big risk, after a while some survivors accounts should have the growth percentage required to attract subscriber. Then reduce your risk, you can then hope the signal will persist sufficient time to attract more subscribers.

I agree it is very important to test different signals, and if a need to test them for the longer term, then more demo accounts are needed. I hope there is an improvement for this. So it can be done in one account.

It makes sense that several strategies running in the same account will cause  conflict, since they manage lots, and such, according to the balance. Another approach is to use the visual to see the trades, and judge how it may do in a live market. Should be run in a similar market. Ex: Bull Market, Bear Market, Sideways Market. A strategy that is tested in a Bull Market for example, would not perform the same in a Bear Market. I know this is obvious to some, but some readers may not consider this, when choosing a signal. I think all signals will need to be updated from time to time, to improve the performance. Tested over say a three year period, a strategy should perform the average of the period and the results may be more dependable than a shorter period. But then, one could pick a strategy based on a few months, and then use it in a market that has a similar price pattern as the tested period. I think providers who specifically target trends, and knows how to identify them, will design more profitable signals, and gain more subscribers, than one who does not.

Ubzen:

@figurelli

Given your experience with signals, I'll like to ask some questions.

Per your heading "As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals?". Looking at your "comparative analysis" did you factor subscribers who are looking for freebie_signals? By "invest in Demo" were you including the freebies? I wonder how your "comparative analysis" would look if freebies were excluded? [thats if you haven't already].

With so_many people offering signals free which produces performances comparable with those of paid signals; what's your recommendation for a provider looking to profit off the service? How would this provider differentiate himself? [ apart from running heavy ads ].

Thank you, but as a market/signal provider I'm not allowed anymore to discuss such things in the forum.

Anyway you are welcome to ask anything using my messages area.

1.yes, 2.yes, 3.yes

figurelli:

Thank you, but as a market/signal provider I'm not allowed anymore to discuss such things in the forum.

Yes you are . . .  but like the rest of us you aren't allowed to advertise.

figurelli:

Anyway you are welcome to ask anything using my messages area.

Of course you can discuss such things, but without advertising, is it so hard ?

RaptorUK:
Yes you are . . .  but like the rest of us you aren't allowed to advertise.
Unfortunately this is not the reality. Anything I talk about on the forum always seems suspect since I'm commercializing products and services here.

In my opinion only moderators can sell products and services and speak freely in the forum.

figurelli:
Unfortunately this is not the reality. Anything I talk about on the forum always seems suspect since I'm commercializing products and services here.

Yes,  this is the reality.  To be safe talk in general terms without any reference to any products or service you may provide . . .

If you just want to create threads and make posts to Advertise your products and services in a disguised way well that is still Advertising and will not be tolerated.

figurelli:

In my opinion only moderators can sell products and services and speak freely in the forum.

If you find a Moderator Advertising let me know and if I agree with you I will take action, even if that means BANNING another Moderator,  the forum rules are here to govern ALL forum users.

Usually demo results are different than real ones, so I wouldn't take this into considerations.

Reason: