As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals? - page 5

xagusd:
Very nice poll. The risks are the same when it comes to demo or real account signals. I think a better approach would always be to subscribe to a demo account and see how the trades go. A month or two of evaluation and then it can be taken live to a real account.
figurelli:

Thanks about the pool.

I completely agree with you!

I completely agree too..   the risks are the same when the signal is demo or real

Perhaps in demo accounts their strategy has a requirement for more capital than they have ?  or just don't want to risk high money in forex ... 

rufaum:

I completely agree too..   the risks are the same when the signal is demo or real

Perhaps in demo accounts their strategy has a requirement for more capital than they have ?  or just don't want to risk high money in forex ... 

Indeed, in my opinion, market uncertainty is greater than all these factors.

Anyway, if someone creates a competitor system that the provider has to pay the damages of the subscriber I will believe in the difference between provide using Demo or Real!

But, in this case, I believe that providers will not sell their trading signals over there ;-)

I agree to the demo account that providers ask for a fee for his work !

If the provider ask for the  credit/month  he will work for you  and take care your money while he can earn monthly salary !

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Files:
Penguins.jpg  760 kb

BOXING_FOREX:

I agree to the demo account that providers ask for a fee for his work !

If the provider ask for the  credit/month  he will work for you  and take care your money while he can earn monthly salary !

I like too much your sentence: "ask for a fee for his work".

And the logic is that: the more accounts you have to manage, the more work you have.

Behind a profitable trading signal (Demo or Real) there is lots of work, that you can ask or not for a fee, proportional to this, as any other job.

Maybe, if you just ask for a fee using Real Accounts, probably emotions of the provider will avoid we reach higher results (as we can in Demo Accounts).

So, state of the art, in my view, is near Demo than Real accounts, and is fair to ask for a fee for this work.

When a signal provider is not confident about his own signal and cannot invest, why should I invest there? Demo account can be used only for strategy testing.
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Hiflyer:
When a signal provider is not confident about his own signal and cannot invest, why should I invest there? Demo account can be used only for strategy testing.
Finally someone with some common sense.

Hiflyer:
You are missing the point,  a Signal provider is not looking to make money trading,  they are looking to make money providing signals.  Why would they risk the little money they have in a live account when they can use Demo ?  if they use Demo they can have 10, 20 or more Signals,  thats not practical to do that with live accounts unless they are well funded, and why would they have real money following a strategy that is not as good as another strategy that they have ?  open your eyes and see the reality of what is going on,  I'm not saying it's a bad thing but don't have the idea that signal providers are some kind of altruists. 

Hiflyer:

In my opinion, probably if some real account provider is really confident about his trading signal, he will sell all his assets and invest in this signal in private!

But who has the holy grail here and is really confident about the future of any pair?

To be honest, I'm far away from that.

figurelli:

In my opinion, probably if some real account provider is really confident about his trading signal, he will sell all his assets and invest in this signal in private!

But who has the holy grail here and is really confident about the future of any pair?

To be honest, I'm far away from that.

In my opinion, between two signals productive within what I want,  one demo account and one live account,  in the final decision will be with the live account my subscription. But if I do not have signal on live account within my expectations, and find a demo account, I will have no problem in subscribe the signal in this account.

Now the subscriber should have the sure that there will be no damage in your balance because there technical differences between a live account and a demo account.

So, I record here, in this moment,  a suggestion for an official  article of Metaquotes explaining  these  technical differences and how this may influence the  Subscriber's terminal.

With an official  position of MetaQuotes, we are going know  if there some kind of danger or not, so  each client is going to decide.
  • www.mql5.com

figurelli:
As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals?

No: 25%, Yes: 75% (20 voters at this moment)

Vox populi, vox Dei (the voice of the people is the voice of God).

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit. [Alcuin , 798]

And those people should not be listened to, who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness.

Alcuin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alcuin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
Saint Alcuin of York Born Died Honored in Alcuin of York (Latin: , c. 735 – 19 May 804), also called Ealhwine, Albinus or Flaccus, was an English scholar, ecclesiastic, poet and teacher from York, Northumbria. He was born around 735 and became the student of Archbishop Ecgbert at York. At the invitation of Charlemagne, he became a...
Reason: