As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals? - page 2

RaptorUK:
Perhaps their strategy has a requirement for more capital than they have ?  or perhaps they think that bigger numbers look better ? most people talk in pips even though they can't spend them,   they don't realise that talking about profit or loss in pips is meaningless . . .  "I made 100 pips today ! !"    . . .    so these people may well be impressed by big numbers.

Good point Simon. And perhaps you just want to share a new system or strategy to others investors, to improve that, as any open source technology does?

To me, Demo Accounts are the door to test new technologies and paradigms, and share them.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

PauloBrasil:
Very Good this poll!

I agree to invest in a demo account if I trust the signal provider, if you have a bond.

To Test strategies, I think very valid a signal in the demo account, but choose between a demo account and a live, obviously I'll keep a live.

A live account means that the provider trusts in his bat.

For example when I saw a signal provider invest 10,000 USD  in a real account of ActivTrade, I said to myself.

"This man i have the courage to leave my money in your care!"

Trust ? This is not the problem, a demo account don't give you the real condition of the market. You have requote/slippage on real account, not on demo account. Even if you trust someone, and he is honest, he can still go wrong, make mistakes, he would not do with a real account.

More than that, I saw a Signal on demo account with some Broker. I said me, how is it possible to have such a result ? I check on Google, and the reputation of this Broker is very bad. So I made in 15 minutes an EA (based on some code I already have), and try it on a demo account with this same Broker. In 3 days my account was 10.000.000$ (starting with 5.000). This Broker was a scam, quotation on Demo shows spikes.  Still it exist.

xagusd:
Very nice poll. The risks are the same when it comes to demo or real account signals. I think a better approach would always be to subscribe to a demo account and see how the trades go. A month or two of evaluation and then it can be taken live to a real account.
You are totally wrong about the risk.

figurelli:

And in backtesting, do you believe?

If so, do you use some sort of real money to backtest? ;-)

We are talking about investing REAL money on a REAL account, based on a Signal who runs on a DEMO account. What backtesting has to do with that ? Nothing. I like joking, but this isn't funny.

Obviously I don't have nothing against demo account, for testing purpose, or "just want to share a new system or strategy". Test everything you want, but don't advise people to invest in your testing.

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:

We are talking about investing REAL money on a REAL account, based on a Signal who runs on a DEMO account. What backtesting has to do with that ? Nothing. I like joking, but this isn't funny.

Obviously I don't have nothing against demo account, for testing purpose, or "just want to share a new system or strategy". Test everything you want, but don't advise people to invest in your testing.

Not so obvious to me.

figurelli:

Disagree, note that start with $100 and start with $10,000 are very different, as you know, since the minimal lot is 0.01. 

There is nothing to disagree. A cent account is in cent, you depose 100$ (example) and you account will show 10.000 as balance. Then there is no problem with 0.01 lot.

Just Demo accounts give you this possiblity: test several trading signals.

As already said, test everything you want, if you provide such a signal for free AND you inform your potential subscribers. This isn't what you are doing and I totally disagree with that.

angevoyageur:

There is nothing to disagree. A cent account is in cent, you depose 100$ (example) and you account will show 10.000 as balance. Then there is no problem with 0.01 lot.

As already said, test everything you want, if you provide such a signal for free AND you inform your potential subscribers. This isn't what you are doing and I totally disagree with that.

This is a paradigm and conservative vision, in my view.

If you are right, MQL5.com brand new Trading Signals service must be totally free, since it's a new technology that everybody is testing.

Yes, I have a new innovative technology, but this is not the same as provide a signal for free or that it is not good, and for sure all potential subscribers are informed about that.

There will always be people ready to part with money for a unsubstantiated promise . . .  or even for the merest hint of a promise of something nice in return for their money.  Taking a rational point of view,  why would anyone subscribe to a signal ?  but they do . . .  if they are stupid enough to want to give their money why not take it ?

figurelli:

This is a paradigm and conservative vision, in my view.

If you are right, MQL5.com brand new Trading Signals service must be totally free, since it's a new technology that everybody is testing.

Yes, I have a new innovative technology, but this is not the same as provide a signal for free or that it is not good, and for sure all potential subscribers are informed about that.

Can you tell me why you propose a "innovative" signal on a demo account, and ask 20 credits/month (just an example) for that ?
  • www.mql5.com

figurelli:
Because you don't have the power to moderate that ;-)

Off-topic. Even if I have that power, I am not moderate what I want, I will follow the rules selected by Metaquotes.

So, can you tell to the communauty why you are asking 20 credits/month for a signal you are testing on a demo account ?

• www.mql5.com
Reason: