HOW to get a programmer 100% interested in writing an EA based on your IDEA - page 7

Korey писал (а):
I mean, when you contact a customer, you have to educate them until they realise what they really want.
It really happens... and it's not uncommon... :-)

KimIV:
Korey wrote (a):
My point is that when you contact a customer, you have to educate them until they understand what they really want.
It really happens... and it's not uncommon... :-)

What the hell "not seldom"!!! The customer is almost always in a state:

Customer: "The computer can do everything, right?"

Programmer: "With some assumptions, yes."

Customer: "Then make me a big red button by tomorrow, so I can press it and get what I want..."

Programmer : "What do you want?"

Zapper : "I don't know yet, but we'll see what we can do"

Programmer : "What's the main objective? I have to program something by tomorrow".

Customer: "What's the big deal?"

Well, the last trick just killed me (the real dialogue):

Sales manager: "I have a big active contract, can you give it a status of 'basically starting to close'"

Developer: "Do you mean percentage of completion? Do you have financial documents? Register them in the system and the percentage will put itself "

Managent: "No, it hasn't started yet, just give it a status.

task definition:
it is more complicated than just writing by definition
this is actually programming
many people think that they understand how to do it but don't know how to do it
when faced with questions from someone who does, they get confused

coding: by full definition, it is just a craft
here already - one will code an hour a day, another day a week
one will write 10kb soda another 100kb - the program will do the same
this is just a the customer is confused - he doesn't understand the word dynamics? or doesn't understand statics, and then the programmer acts as a teacher - he educates the customer

----
situation 2
the novice programmer decided that he has mastered the programming language and started writing

and then he starts the cycle
https://forummql4.com/en/11099

the program is simple

for(int i=0; i<362; i++)
{
Print("i=>", i);
}

but in his log
> tried it, got the undersampling starting from 120, not 0. But it ended with 361 instead of 362
---
this is even worse than bad coder - this is complete ignorance of language and technologies

and here already a competent programmer will refuse such programmer

the distribution is on... everyone's got it...

Cronex:

Well, the last thing killed me (real dialogue):

Sales manager: "I have a big active contract, can you give it a status of 'basically starting to close'"

Developer: "Do you mean percentage of completion? Do you have financial documents? Register them in the system and the percentage will put itself "

Manager: "No, it has not even started, you just give him the status."

Is it 1C or something similar in terms of the tasks involved? So what the hell with him, the manager, let him get what he wants. The main thing for the coder here is to understand that this status does not create any new postings. Obviously, it is just necessary for reporting to the manager, so that he himself can see what his status is, and so he can report back to the boss. Let the manager think that you have been suffering for him for half a month :)

Another logical attribute is assigned to the contract - "basically starting to close", and let managger set himself this checkmark when he sees fit (this silly status is obviously determined not by software, but by user). Even if he asks to paint the form green for himself - as long as there are no new financial documents... Or am I missing something?

<br / translate="no">

Is it 1C or something similar in terms of tasks to be solved? So what the hell with him, the manager, let him get what he wants. The main thing for the coder here is to understand that this status does not create any new postings. Obviously, it is just necessary for reporting to the manager, so that he himself can see what his status is, and so he can report back to the boss. Let the manager think that you have been suffering for him for half a month :)

Another logical attribute is assigned to the contract - "basically starting to close", and let managger set himself this checkmark when he sees fit (this silly status is obviously determined not by software, but by user). Even if he asks to paint a document in green for himself - as long as there are no new financial documents... Or maybe I did not understand something?

Once I met a decent customer - he just knew what he wanted and explained how it should work. The rest are all about the "red button..." :)

Programmers are rational people. And their thinking is rational. The very first question that arises is, "Why do we need it?" And if there is no rational explanation from the programmer's point of view, there is friction with the customer.

vaa20003 писал (а):
Once I got a decent customer - he just knew what he wanted and explained how it should work. The rest are all about the "red button" :)
However ridiculous it may seem to programmers, but surely the customers also have a dream of an ideal programmer. That there is no need to explain anything to him, that he himself knows what the customer needs. That he would have intuition and would not ask for money. Like, I write C++ for food.

KimIV писал (а): No matter how ridiculous it may seem to programmers, but surely customers also have the dream of an ideal programmer. They don't need to explain anything to them, so that they know what the customer needs. That he would have intuition and would not ask for money. Like, I write C++ for food.
This is obviously the case with irrational customers, who are basically unable to become technical problem setters. Generally speaking, there is an almost insurmountable gap between this kind of customer's thinking and that of a coder.

Mathemat: As long as there are no new financial documents... Or am I missing something?

Yes, you can do anything for yourself, but all this was supposed to be done in a homemade corporate system of operational accounting for work performed, from which the entries are generated in SUN Account (which consolidates data across the country), and the proposed solution "just put the status" was supposed to affect the forecast without documented confirmation. In short: "Uh brother ... they are crooks". The main thing is to send to the chief accountant in time for confirmation of eligibility (by the way, he never returned :-))

Or maybe there is just no understanding of the difference between management accounts and accounting accounts.

Reason: