CuSUM oscillator

Does any know the CuSum oscillator ??? HERE

Cumulative Sum Chart (CUSUM)

CUSUM charts are constructed by calculating and plotting a cumulative sum based on the data. Let X 1, X 2, …, X 24 represent 24 data points. From this, the cumulative sums S 0, S 1, …, S 24 are calculated. Notice that 24 data points leads to 25 (0 through 24) sums. The cumulative sums are calculated as follows:

1. First calculate the average:

2. Start the cumulative sum at zero by setting S 0 = 0.

3. Calculate the other cumulative sums by adding the difference between current value and the average to the previous sum, i.e.:

for i=1,2,…,24.

The cumulative sum is not the cumulative sum of the values. Instead it is the cumulative sum of differences between the values and the average. Because the average is subtracted from each value, the cumulative sum also ends at zero (S 24 =0).

How does one interpret a CUSUM chart? Suppose that during a period of time the values are all above average. The amounts added to the cumulative sum will be positive and the sum will steadily increase. A segment of the CUSUM chart with an upward slope indicates a period where the values tend to be above average. Likewise a segment with a downward slope indicates a period of time where the values tend to be below the average.

icm63:

How does one interpret a CUSUM chart? Suppose that during a period of time the values are all above average. The amounts added to the cumulative sum will be positive and the sum will steadily increase. A segment of the CUSUM chart with an upward slope indicates a period where the values tend to be above average. Likewise a segment with a downward slope indicates a period of time where the values tend to be below the average.

interesting, never come across this indicatoor for forex trading; surely there must be a forum discussion somewhere and someone would have coded this indicator. Anyone has further leads

icm63:

CUSUM charts are constructed by calculating and plotting a cumulative sum based on the data. Let X 1, X 2, …, X 24 represent 24 data points. From this, the cumulative sums S 0, S 1, …, S 24 are calculated. Notice that 24 data points leads to 25 (0 through 24) sums. The cumulative sums are calculated as follows:

1. First calculate the average:

2. Start the cumulative sum at zero by setting S 0 = 0.

3. Calculate the other cumulative sums by adding the difference between current value and the average to the previous sum, i.e.:

for i=1,2,…,24.

The cumulative sum is not the cumulative sum of the values. Instead it is the cumulative sum of differences between the values and the average. Because the average is subtracted from each value, the cumulative sum also ends at zero (S 24 =0).

Is this what you want?

Files:
cusum_2.mq4  3 kb

yes I guess it must be, I wonder if the "ExtMapBuffer1[i]= ExtMapBuffer1[i+1]+Close[i]-average(i); " can be made on a scale of +100 to -100 so that differences are normalised ??

icm63:

yes I guess it must be, I wonder if the "ExtMapBuffer1[i]= ExtMapBuffer1[i+1]+Close[i]-average(i); " can be made on a scale of +100 to -100 so that differences are normalised ??

Yes, it can. It will require more time.

thank you abstract_mind, I am looking forward to this indicator too

ronaldosim wrote >>
thank you abstract_mind, I am looking forward to this indicator too

The idea of this indicator is determine price exhaustion, as I understand it. Price moves away from the mean/ema/sma, whatever is bound to attract pressure for profit taking or re aserting the trend in opposite direction.

hello all,

Does anyone have code for the sum of last 7 candlestick. I want to calculate the sum of the 7 last candlestick and each time a new candlestick is formed, the last candlestick of the sequence should be removed. (only the open and close of candlestick should be taken not the highs and lows.

Can anyone help me please

Thanks all

spike thunder: for the sum of last 7 candlestick. (only the open and close of candlestick should …)

The sum of seven candlesticks is the Close(last) - Open(first).

Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
          No free help 2017.04.21

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum 2018.05.12

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting).
          No free help 2017.04.21

spike thunder:

Do not double post!

I have deleted your other topic.

Reason: