History Center and running Strategy Tester in Visual Mode

When will MT5 allow us to import custom historical data like in MT4's History Center?

Also, MT4 could run the Strategy Tester in Visual Mode. Will this feature be implemented in MT5?

These are the two main missing features that are preventing me from migrating from MT4 to MT5.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

1. This feature won't be implemented in MT5.

2. We are working hard to add visual testing mode into MT5.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

alexvd:

1. This feature won't be implemented in MT5.

2. We are working hard to add visual testing mode into MT5.

Hi Alex,

Do you have an update time line on the Visual Testing Mode for MT5...?

It continues to be most difficult developing EA strategies when you cannot actually see your EA making trades.

Right now, this MT5 forum is not very active because people cannot actually test their EA's properly.

I am sure the move to the MT5 platform would be faster if people had this important Visual Testing tool.

Hopefully the Visual Testing Mode one of your highest priorities...now that the contest is winding down...

Thanks,

Robert

cosmicbeing:

Hi Alex,

Do you have an update time line on the Visual Testing Mode for MT5...?

It continues to be most difficult developing EA strategies when you cannot actually see your EA making trades.

Right now, this MT5 forum is not very active because people cannot actually test their EA's properly.

I am sure the move to the MT5 platform would be faster if people had this important Visual Testing tool.

Hopefully the Visual Testing Mode one of your highest priorities...now that the contest is winding down...

Thanks,

Robert

Yep, don't worry it is " COMING SOON " since 6 month ! .. 

If you want to, generate a log of trades. Its a good idea anyway.

Then, just write a script to access and draw back all the info for whichever chart you are placing it on.

Same result, is it not? 

Lugner:

If you want to, generate a log of trades. Its a good idea anyway.

Then, just write a script to access and draw back all the info for whichever chart you are placing it on.

Same result, is it not? 

Hi Lugner,

Thanks but I have complex code and need to watch the actual trades as they happen on the bar..and see how the immediate conditions affect the trades.

MT4 Visual Tester was great for that... I used the SlowMo setting a lot to watch the trades and learn how they work.

Seeing the trades after the fact with logs or journals doesn't really help me.

It would be nice if some Metaquotes people (Stringo ,Rosh, Alex...somebody?) would reply and let us know about the MT5 Visual Tester time frame.

Now that the contest is almost over...maybe this Visual Tester will get to be the next priority...

Like I said, it's a testing feature that will help people shift over from MT4 to MT5...and right now they are not.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Robert

Reason: