problems tu run Metaquotes

hello all

i have just registered here becasue i am using metaquotes to create my trading system.

i have a problem and i hope somebody can help me :

i have read the reference regarding MQL4 program but my program continues to give me problems:

in the platform there are some experts( MACD, moving average..) installed and if i try to launch the automatic system the program goes well-
i have dragged with the mouse in the chart and followed all your information as in file attached
anyway if i try to launch my personal expert the program doesnt go. i dont know the reason becasue i have compiled it without errors .
probably i forget some actions...i dont know.
the smiley at the expert names in the upper right corners of charts appears ..
can you help me??
in the reference i have read that it's necessary a file .ex4 . probably this is the problem. i dont know... becasue in the directory i dont have the ex4 files for all the experts.
waiting your kind answer, i wish you a good day

giulioron wrote >>

hello all

i have just registered here becasue i am using metaquotes to create my trading system.

i have a problem and i hope somebody can help me :

i have read the reference regarding MQL4 program but my program continues to give me problems:

in the platform there are some experts( MACD, moving average..) installed and if i try to launch the automatic system the program goes well-
i have dragged with the mouse in the chart and followed all your information as in file attached
anyway if i try to launch my personal expert the program doesnt go. i dont know the reason becasue i have compiled it without errors .
probably i forget some actions...i dont know.
the smiley at the expert names in the upper right corners of charts appears ..
can you help me??
in the reference i have read that it's necessary a file .ex4 . probably this is the problem. i dont know... becasue in the directory i dont have the ex4 files for all the experts.
waiting your kind answer, i wish you a good day

Hello,

If you have your smiley icon then you EA has been compiled and the resulting file, the .ex4 has been created. Your EA is working... but may be not the way you wish.

To get further help on this forum, I think you should tell what you are expecting to see when you launch your EA and add your code that somebody can tell you what is wrong with it.

Or have a look in the Journal, or if you have used Print, a look in the Expert tab of your terminal.

ciao jacques

well... i have understood that when i launch the fil mq4, it creates the ex4 file. but....with my EA this thing doesnt happen. it's strange becasue of i try to compile, metaquotes doesnt give any errors.

so..for a trial ...i have tried with an expert thats present automatically in metatrader ( for example moving average) and i have noticed that the automatic trading happen in right way

if i have done some errors ...why during the compiling they are not pointed out ?? i dont understand

in attached my file..... can you see it please??

grazie:-)))

Files:
verifica.mq4  5 kb

giulioron wrote >>

ciao jacques

well... i have understood that when i launch the fil mq4, it creates the ex4 file. but....with my EA this thing doesnt happen. it's strange becasue of i try to compile, metaquotes doesnt give any errors.

so..for a trial ...i have tried with an expert thats present automatically in metatrader ( for example moving average) and i have noticed that the automatic trading happen in right way

if i have done some errors ...why during the compiling they are not pointed out ?? i dont understand

Well the good news is I ran your Ea in the tester and it works fine, the bad news is that it loses money. .

Bars in test 33268
Ticks modelled 4605879
Modelling quality n/a
Mismatched charts errors 906
Initial deposit 10000.00
Total net profit -9901.41
Gross profit 554.53
Gross loss -10455.94
Profit factor 0.05
Expected payoff -2.01
Absolute drawdown 9901.41
Maximal drawdown 9901.41 (99.01%)
Relative drawdown 99.01% (9901.41)
Total trades 4919
Short positions (won %) 2110 (4.22%)
Long positions (won %) 2809 (3.56%)
Profit trades (% of total) 189 (3.84%)
Loss trades (% of total) 4730 (96.16%)
Largest
profit trade 146.00
loss trade -100.00
Average
profit trade 2.93
loss trade -2.21
Maximum
consecutive wins (profit in money) 5 (0.00)
consecutive losses (loss in money) 116 (-269.00)
Maximal
consecutive profit (count of wins) 146.00 (1)
consecutive loss (count of losses) -359.00 (103)
Average
consecutive wins 1
consecutive losses 29

I don't know what currency pair or time frame this Ea is intended for but the EURUSD 15min is not a good choice:)

I'm not too sure where your difficulty is, if you loaded it on a live chart and it didn't trade perhaps because it didn't get the right conditions to

enter a trade.

Try running it in the tester, and see what happens.

Keith

giulioron wrote >>

ciao jacques

Hi giulioron,

Of course your .ex4 is created. It is just because you don't see the file in your directory. You use Vista? Have a look there : your user /AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles/your platform file/expert

So your EA is running when you have the smiley. If you want another proof, just add this first instruction in your EA (in the Init() or Start() function) : Comment("HELLO"); and you will see the comment on the left upside corner of your chart.

Using the tester is also a good idea if the EA is at least opening one order, according to kmindler it seems to be the case. So your EA is working, right? May be you didn't wait enough for the conditions you programmed for opening an order to occur...Or you have to find out why it is not doing what you are expecting...

Sorry but I do not have time to inspect your code but there many people around : anyway it seems ok : it works with the tester.

Try to understand what's happening with your EA with the tester or by revisiting your coding.

Reason: