optimization started and finished functions

I created a summary report that prints all the detailed report information of each optimization run to a csv file for analysis in excel. And I'm looking for a better way to tell the system the optimization has started so I can rewrite over the last csv file but there is in no optimization_init() or optimization_deinit() functions that run at the beginning or end of the whole optimization . I see in the Tester Journal there are messages EA: optimization stated and EA: optimization stopped but there but the log file is not in the right location for the EA to open it. I'm using global right now to count the time that has passed between runs to assume a new test has started, but it's has annoying side effects. Does anyone know a better way?

I've learned how to move files around and I though I would just move the log file into the files folder so I could read the EA: optimization stated and EA: optimization stopped lines. Well I've learned the the log file is not updated until the optimization has been completed. If I stop an optimization and start a new one all the journal entries about those events are not accessible in the log file until one test completely finishes. So there goes that idea. I think there might not be a better way of do this than what I'm already doing.

hello bunny! can you share this tactic?
is it based on SummaryReport.mq4 ?? the one here on mql4?
have a nice day

bunnychopper wrote >>

I created a summary report that prints all the detailed report information of each optimization run to a csv file for analysis in excel. And I'm looking for a better way to tell the system the optimization has started so I can rewrite over the last csv file but there is in no optimization_init() or optimization_deinit() functions that run at the beginning or end of the whole optimization . I see in the Tester Journal there are messages EA: optimization stated and EA: optimization stopped but there but the log file is not in the right location for the EA to open it. I'm using global right now to count the time that has passed between runs to assume a new test has started, but it's has annoying side effects. Does anyone know a better way?

Hi

There is no optimization_init() or optimization_deinit() but i think you can test IsOptimisation() in the Init() and deinit().

I'm also interested by your piece of code. Can you share it ?

Phil.
Reason: