how to get demo quotes on weeken

hello,

in order to test an EA on weekend as well, how to setup MT4 to push demo quotes ?

thank you

Tools > History Center > Download

also, use F1 to bring up Client Terminal Help. You will be able to see more.

alternately, in History Center you can click top right corner with the question mark ? and cursor changes to ? the click on bottom left button Download

happy testing...

fbj:

Tools > History Center > Download

also, use F1 to bring up Client Terminal Help. You will be able to see more.

alternately, in History Center you can click top right corner with the question mark ? and cursor changes to ? the click on bottom left button Download

happy testing...

Hello fbj,

thank you for reply.

i understand this history center to download historical quotes in order to make backtests with EA scripts.

but what i need essentially is to have ticking charts over weekend - stale quotes or odd quotes no problem.

so "playing data" for a chart with all features -> EA script call of init,start and deinit when applying EA to the chart.

is this possible as well ?

thank you

"ticking charts over weekend"

FX not open for play on weekends - MUST wait until sunday eve.

ie, ClientTerminal will not run any program attached to chart unless is say script.

look... IF attach any legal MT program to a chart it WILL run. The EA and Indicator will start execution at init() and the script will start execution at start()

The point is, once init() exits back to Client Terminal, that's it... full stop. why? cuz NO data ticks incoming from server means Client Terminal will not call EA or Indicator start()'s

A script - having it's start() called will run to completion... that's what scripts generally do unless get clever with loops etc.

Never the less - without live data ticks incoming - forget it... never gonna happen unless you use data feed emulator or whatever - all are possible but just what is gained in two days?

use weekend more profitably than attempting to circumnavigate the system's normal behavior.

summary:

ClientTerminal needs data server 'ticks' for such events to happen.

read the docs, read the mql book.

is all there and will answer these types of questions.

btw, background is very important. just because some can program is not full answer. need more info - is like life, yes?

bye

fbj:

"ticking charts over weekend"

FX not open for play on weekends - MUST wait until sunday eve.

ie, ClientTerminal will not run any program attached to chart unless is say script.

look... IF attach any legal MT program to a chart it WILL run. The EA and Indicator will start execution at init() and the script will start execution at start()

The point is, once init() exits back to Client Terminal, that's it... full stop. why? cuz NO data ticks incoming from server means Client Terminal will not call EA or Indicator start()'s

A script - having it's start() called will run to completion... that's what scripts generally do unless get clever with loops etc.

Never the less - without live data ticks incoming - forget it... never gonna happen unless you use data feed emulator or whatever - all are possible but just what is gained in two days?

use weekend more profitably than attempting to circumnavigate the system's normal behavior.

summary:

ClientTerminal needs data server 'ticks' for such events to happen.

read the docs, read the mql book.

is all there and will answer these types of questions.

btw, background is very important. just because some can program is not full answer. need more info - is like life, yes?

bye

allow me my own summary: no data replay possible on historical data.

this could be a nice feature for future versions.

hurgax:

allow me my own summary: no data replay possible on historical data.

this could be a nice feature for future versions.

hello fbj,

i have to apologize. you lead me to what i was looking for. thank you.

hurgax:

hello,

in order to test an EA on weekend as well, how to setup MT4 to push demo quotes ?

thank you

I think the best bet is to use the 2 days of the weekend to:

- stand well back from your codebase and plan functional and structural improvements over a cup of tea and some music

- catch up on your documentation such as version history, release notes and data dictionary

Reason: