Would you like to see more competitions other than ATC

• 30% (16)
  • 32% (17)
  • 11% (6)
  • 9% (5)
  • 17% (9)
Total voters: 34

Hi all, I have created a curios poll, our community is growing, but not in the posting side of things, we see regulars posting quite allot, It would be interesting if we could entice those from behind their PC's to get involved with some form of interaction in the form of competitions, (if MQL need ideas for the future) if you think it would appeal, please vote, the more the merrier and who knows, people power may emerge.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for granting me an opportunity to cast a vote and post a topic related opinion.

I voted 'Other, please state'. I'd be interested in a "marathon" rather than a "sprint". The ATC competition provides three months of trading for a prize but if there was an official MQL5 annual (yearly) long term EA trading system comparison, I believe I'd learn much more about trading strategies simply by following participant traders EAs and possibly incorporate participating member's ideas into my own automatic trading methods to prepare for the ATC competition. What would be best is if there was a graph chart showing the top 10 competitors EAs (just like ATC) except there would also be an option to view another graph chart showing all of the participants EAs. Yes, this would be very awesome. Also, if all participating members had a small page dedicated to explain their strategy's general entry/exit signals and whatever other information MQL5 and its community users agree is applicable to their strategy. I feel indifferent to if there's a prize offered to the winner or not and would be interested to read if other coder/traders have similar interest. Very cool ;) Another thought I just had would be to segregate submitted EAs into categories, grid trading EAs would be designated a page, scalping EAs would be designated a page, multi-currency EAs would be designated a page, etc. so if an MQL5 community member was searching for ideas to create a multi-currency EA the user would simply navigate to the multi-currency EA page, etc.. Once the year ended all content would be erased and reset but top performing 10 (or whatever number) EA's and users would have their stats saved to a "top 10 performers" page for that year and the rest of the performers would have their EA stats saved to a page with total results for that year.

Thank you

WhooDoo22:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for granting me an opportunity to cast a vote and post a topic related opinion.

I voted 'Other, please state'. I'd be interested in a "marathon" rather than a "sprint". The ATC competition provides three months of trading for a prize but if there was an official MQL5 annual (yearly) long term EA trading system comparison, I believe I'd learn much more about trading strategies simply by following participant traders EAs and possibly incorporate participating member's ideas into my own automatic trading methods to prepare for the ATC competition. What would be best is if there was a graph chart showing the top 10 competitors EAs (just like ATC) except there would also be an option to view another graph chart showing all of the participants EAs. Yes, this would be very awesome. Also, if all participating members had a small page dedicated to explain their strategy's general entry/exit signals and whatever other information MQL5 and its community users agree is applicable to their strategy. I feel indifferent to if there's a prize offered to the winner or not and would be interested to read if other coder/traders have similar interest. Very cool ;) Another thought I just had would be to segregate submitted EAs into categories, grid trading EAs would be designated a page, scalping EAs would be designated a page, multi-currency EAs would be designated a page, etc. so if an MQL5 community member was searching for ideas to create a multi-currency EA the user would simply navigate to the multi-currency EA page, etc..

Thank you

I second the idea of a trading marathon, I like that :-)

WhooDoo22:

Hello Rob,

I voted 'Other, please state'. I'd be interested in a "marathon" rather than a "sprint". The ATC competition provides three months of trading for a prize but if there was an official MQL5 annual (yearly) long term EA trading system comparison, I believe I'd learn much more about trading strategies simply by following participant traders EAs and possibly incorporate participating member's ideas into my own automatic trading methods to prepare for the ATC competition. What would be best is if there was a graph chart showing the top 10 competitors EAs (just like ATC) except there would also be an option to view another graph chart showing all of the participants EAs. Yes, this would be very awesome. Also, if all participating members had a small page dedicated to explain their strategy's general entry/exit signals and whatever other information MQL5 and its community users agree is applicable to their strategy. I feel indifferent to if there's a prize offered to the winner or not and would be interested to read if other coder/traders have similar interest. Very cool ;) Another thought I just had would be to segregate submitted EAs into categories, grid trading EAs would be designated a page, scalping EAs would be designated a page, multi-currency EAs would be designated a page, etc. so if an MQL5 community member was searching for ideas to create a multi-currency EA the user would simply navigate to the multi-currency EA page, etc.. Once the year ended all content would be erased and reset but top performing 10 (or whatever number) EA's and users would have their stats saved to a "top 10 performers" page for that year and the rest of the performers would have their EA stats saved to a page with total results for that year.

Thank you

WD, Thank you for expanding,I  think the "sprint" does not reflect the true potential or failure of the participants EA's, we see a flash of profit but as we all know it could also be a flash of loss on the other side. I have posted before about competitions, the implementing of such things has been raised but I think this platform is moving to a wider audience, whom will not be so involved with programming, (you will get a %age, if they are not here now) but most will be looking for help, advice and the making of money through trading, if they cannot program it, the'll buy it, but this is not a total objective, keeping us all entertained through the very thing we are all here would be welcomed, we as a forum could participate in trading, discussing our strategies and giving reasons for trading, making it life like, this is what trading is about, honing your skills, yes we can do this on our demos alone, but being part of a group could make this a better experience, you only have to look at the effort put in to create this whole system, year after year the developments become greater so creating a little entertainment would not be hard.

Thank you for taking the time to expand on your choice, as anyone else who does so, R 

rob:
Hi all, I have created a curios poll, our community is growing, but not in the posting side of things, we see regulars posting quite allot, It would be interesting if we could entice those from behind their PC's to get involved with some form of interaction in the form of competitions, (if MQL need ideas for the future) if you think it would appeal, please vote, the more the merrier and who knows, people power may emerge.

How about some coding competitions . . .  set a task and evaluate the entries based on    

1.  do they meet the criteria fully ?

2.  is the code well commented and readable ?

3.  is the code designed to be re-usable ?

4.  etc, etc 

RaptorUK:

How about some coding competitions . . .  set a task and evaluate the entries based on    

4.  etc, etc 

5. does the code return values to the journal for error checking purposes? ;)

I think it'd be interesting to compare overall MQL5 knowledge of coding indicators, scripts, EAs, libraries and so forth between MQL5 community member volunteers.

Thank you

RaptorUK:

4.  etc, etc 

Raptor the challenger (lol), you raise a fair point, albeit  coding is not my forte, but nevertheless this forum in the making was first and foremost for programmers, and yes if there were enough to participate, maybe a good poll in the earlier days would have been programming or forex trading, is there a balance now or is forex as well as other areas of the subject taking over, we can only look at how this forum is evolving, it has from first launched, became an entangled web of many subjects now and looks like it's not stopping there, so if the move forward needs ideas then maybe this could be one of many.

Would someone like to put that poll up or has it already been covered?

Why are you here, choices:

Programming

Forex trading 

Both 

WD/Raptor/Ang, been reading through a quite, what I found intensive post involving yourselves https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11387

Can I ask a question to all, not to be anti,

You all, as with many programmers here are involved with the very subject, but what is your main goal? not to just create the ultimate EA that won't do lol, I'm allowed to go off topic, it's my post lol 

rob:

Raptor the challenger (lol), you raise a fair point, albeit  coding is not my forte, but nevertheless this forum in the making was first and foremost for programmers, and yes if there were enough to participate, maybe a good poll in the earlier days would have been programming or forex trading, is there a balance now or is forex as well as other areas of the subject taking over, we can only look at how this forum is evolving, it has from first launched, became an entangled web of many subjects now and looks like it's not stopping there, so if the move forward needs ideas then maybe this could be one of many.

Would someone like to put that poll up or has it already been covered?

Why are you here, choices:

Programming

Forex trading 

Both 

Good idea, I can start a new poll, but will extend the choice (non-exclusive):

• Learn programming
  • Help others in programming
  • Learn trading
  • Help others in trading
  • Earn money 
  • Trolling
  • Earn rating points