Championship EAs with real time participant position feature

Obviously this is not an idea for ATC 2012, but I suggest for the next championship a new resource that enables any EA know what is their position in the competition in real time (participant position).

This variable would be part of the championship platforms, accessible from the source code of all EAs.

The main idea is to allow a position feedback between the systems and a way to identify if the level of exposure is enough and competitive, what happens in practice in other forms of competition in which participants have benchmark their current performance in comparison with opponents.

In my opinion, this new resource would be nice for challenge the competitors and the discovery of new approachs.

figurelli:
Obviously this is not an idea for ATC 2012, but I suggest for the next championship a new resource that enables any EA know what is their position in the competition in real time (participant position).

This variable would be part of the championship platforms, accessible from the source code of all EAs.

The main idea is to allow a position feedback between the systems and a way to identify if the level of exposure is enough and competitive, what happens in practice in other forms of competition in which participants have benchmark their current performance in comparison with opponents.

In my opinion, this new resource would be nice for challenge the competitors and the discovery of new approachs.

Hello Figurelli,

I think it would not be very useful, since the league is to identify the best EA's in a period of 3 months, with this feature, participants can define a range, something like 30% above other competitors 's and lowers the risk of losing money in the event of a market reversal.

jmhendrix1983:

Hello Figurelli,

I think it would not be very useful, since the league is to identify the best EA's in a period of 3 months, with this feature, participants can define a range, something like 30% above other competitors 's and lowers the risk of losing money in the event of a market reversal.

Hello Hendrix,

I agree with you, this is a possible tatic for the leaders.

But this new feature would increase competition between the other competitors (looking for the first place). 

Like a F1/Car race, my vision is that when you know the state of the art and the benchmark in real time, it makes you improve all competitors performance.

By the way, rarely the top finishers in a ATC can repeat their performance in another year, like most of other competitions where we see the best competitors again and again.

Perhaps this resource would avoid them operate completely in the dark in relation to other opponents since they can not change their EAs during competition, and like other competitions we would start to see some leaders repeat their performance again. 

Regards. 

I have my login details for the ATC and when i logged in my EA has taken a trade, will the accounts be resett?, if I have made a mistake then could any moderator advise please, thank you in advance.

rob:
I have my login details for the ATC and when i logged in my EA has taken a trade, will the accounts be resett?, if I have made a mistake then could any moderator advise please, thank you in advance.

Hello Rob,

Far as I know the platforms and all EAs accounts are initialized before the start of the championship, but better you post this comment in this forum topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/7909 to the event organizers direct.

Good luck. 

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Last Days before the Registration End
Automated Trading Championship 2012: Last Days before the Registration End
  • www.mql5.com
Automated Trading Championship 2012: Last Days before the Registration End.

figurelli:

Hello Rob,

Far as I know the platforms and all EAs accounts are initialized before the start of the championship, but better you post this comment in this forum topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/7909 to the event organizers direct.

Good luck. 

Thank you for your help and the link, it is appreciated,
Reason: