system crashes with build update

Hello,

As a programmer, it is frustrating when a new build comes out and the old experts/libraries/indicators cause crashing of the MT4 system. Is there any way to find out what changes have been made or how programs are saved in profiles, config, templates? So far, the only way I've found to reliably get past this problem is totally recompiling all files used and rebuilding the profile and template files. This seems rather counterintuitive to the whole process and causes great frustration to clients who are not computer savy.

In one case, it worked after all this, but when restarted, crashed again.

thank you

Mark

flexie wrote >>

Hello,

As a programmer, it is frustrating when a new build comes out and the old experts/libraries/indicators cause crashing of the MT4 system. Is there any way to find out what changes have been made or how programs are saved in profiles, config, templates? So far, the only way I've found to reliably get past this problem is totally recompiling all files used and rebuilding the profile and template files. This seems rather counterintuitive to the whole process and causes great frustration to clients who are not computer savy.

In one case, it worked after all this, but when restarted, crashed again.

thank you

Mark

Hi

Like all things, the best way to trust any party is one to SAVE these profiles and templates in another difererent DIRECTORY as backup just in case a software program crash occurs. This practice will allow you to retrieve each set as required easily, save time and prevent frustrations as said while re-compiling them will be easier and which is NEVER as bad as platform being hung or logout 'ON & OFF'.

But, traders/players have to throw this sort of PLATFORM guarantee of perfromance back to the HOSTS (i.e. any FCM, broker or 3rd-party involved in providing such platform as a tool to trade) while NFA USA has to be alerted for such guarantee if FCM(s) need to make some pretty good bucks from their innocent clients.

Good luck.

helee:

Hi

Like all things, the best way to trust any party is one to SAVE these profiles and templates in another difererent DIRECTORY as backup just in case a software program crash occurs. This practice will allow you to retrieve each set as required easily, save time and prevent frustrations as said while re-compiling them will be easier and which is NEVER as bad as platform being hung or logout 'ON & OFF'.

But, traders/players have to throw this sort of PLATFORM guarantee of perfromance back to the HOSTS (i.e. any FCM, broker or 3rd-party involved in providing such platform as a tool to trade) while NFA USA has to be alerted for such guarantee if FCM(s) need to make some pretty good bucks from their innocent clients.

Good luck.

Thanks helee, but I may have not been clear enough. The problem is build 221 updating, then restarting and crashing, yet everything has worked flawlessly for weeks on 220. It appears to be when my libraries are called.

Same with me. Whenever I want to compile with build 221, It crashed!!! no problem with build 220

ejoi:
Same with me. Whenever I want to compile with build 221, It crashed!!! no problem with build 220

any wisdom from the creators of MT would be greatly appreciated

flexie:

any wisdom from the creators of MT would be greatly appreciated

So it seems I've encountered this problem before on a new build update situation. I do a lot of function calls to the server, local files and object creation during the intialization process. It seems the problem surfaces when I have multiple charts up... like 8 or more. Only a couple charts, no problem. IMO, there is a time out that is occuring or there is clashing amongst function calls when there are many charts banging the server at the same time. Last time this happened (after a new build) I moved most of what I was doing to a setup function call that was called during normal runtime on first pass only. It appears ALL function calls must be removed (especially those to file and server access) which theoretically could take some time to execute, if many charts are to be run in the same instance.

A second EA with the same problem resolved by again removing setups from the initialize section. I've also gone to only having 5000 bars in the history, and recompiled every line of code including libraries and header files. If someone else has an idea of what is going on here or how to prevent it in the future, believe me, I'm all ears, as I can't believe we are the only two having this problem.

In the future, I will instruct all my clients to NOT install a new build until proven.

good luck

Mark

flexie:

It seems the problem surfaces when I have multiple charts up... like 8 or more. Only a couple charts, no problem. IMO, there is a time out that is occuring or there is clashing amongst function calls when there are many charts banging the server at the same time. Last time this happened (after a new build) I moved most of what I was doing to a setup function call that was called during normal runtime on first pass only. It appears ALL function calls must be removed (especially those to file and server access) which theoretically could take some time to execute, if many charts are to be run in the same instance.

You are right! I have 18 charts open and that made it crashed when compile. Tested it on 1 chart, it never crashed. Build 221 sux... never had this problem before with build 220. Hopefully metaquotes fix this problem.

ejoi:

You are right! I have 18 charts open and that made it crashed when compile. Tested it on 1 chart, it never crashed. Build 221 sux... never had this problem before with build 220. Hopefully metaquotes fix this problem.

Hello guys, new member here, I have this exact same problem and I'm not a programmer so its that much harder for me, I use an expert advisor that uses a couple of indicators to work properly, the expert advisor I use is the Steinitz_HAS_MTF_Robot, I had no problems at all when I had the old 220 version but when I updated to build 221 when ever my platform is started up it crashes, if I remove all of my charts and expert advisors then the platform works, I can also get the expert advisor to work if I reload the platform with no charts on it then create my charts with the expert advisor from scratch, do what I have to do and use it, then before I shut off my platform remove all charts again and close down, then restart clean and do it all over again, its annoying, I thought I was the only 1 that this has happen to, glad to hear I'm not, the builder who sold me the robot issued emails to every customer saying the expert advisor needs to be re compiled but I'm not exactly sure what he means, I did try deleting the ex4 files and letting the mq4l recompiling themselfs remaking their ex4 counter parts but that did not work either, I think some expert advisors need to be re programmed to certain new parameters that are in the 221 build, but this is just my guess, we have to work together and fix this and we need some expert advise on this subject, thanks

Killuminati:

Hello guys, new member here, I have this exact same problem and I'm not a programmer so its that much harder for me, I use an expert advisor that uses a couple of indicators to work properly, the expert advisor I use is the Steinitz_HAS_MTF_Robot, I had no problems at all when I had the old 220 version but when I updated to build 221 when ever my platform is started up it crashes, if I remove all of my charts and expert advisors then the platform works, I can also get the expert advisor to work if I reload the platform with no charts on it then create my charts with the expert advisor from scratch, do what I have to do and use it, then before I shut off my platform remove all charts again and close down, then restart clean and do it all over again, its annoying, I thought I was the only 1 that this has happen to, glad to hear I'm not, the builder who sold me the robot issued emails to every customer saying the expert advisor needs to be re compiled but I'm not exactly sure what he means, I did try deleting the ex4 files and letting the mq4l recompiling themselfs remaking their ex4 counter parts but that did not work either, I think some expert advisors need to be re programmed to certain new parameters that are in the 221 build, but this is just my guess, we have to work together and fix this and we need some expert advise on this subject, thanks

We have to keep this problem active and on the front page until it is solved, keep replying, we need everyones help here, thanks

Killuminati:

We have to keep this problem active and on the front page until it is solved, keep replying, we need everyones help here, thanks

What your EA provider means, is you will have to get an update from them and fixing the EA to work is not as simple as recompiling. Since I doubt they provided you with the source code, there is nothing you can do until they provide the update for you.

The EA can be made to work, but there are now limitations during the init process that weren't there before. Worst of all is that no reference or documentation has been provided by the MT programmers regarding changes and how they would affect operation. The only "update information" is cosmetic in my opinion.

happy pipping

Mark

flexie:

What your EA provider means, is you will have to get an update from them and fixing the EA to work is not as simple as recompiling. Since I doubt they provided you with the source code, there is nothing you can do until they provide the update for you.

The EA can be made to work, but there are now limitations during the init process that weren't there before. Worst of all is that no reference or documentation has been provided by the MT programmers regarding changes and how they would affect operation. The only "update information" is cosmetic in my opinion.

happy pipping

Mark

Hello well I do actually have the source code, and I do have a friend that is a programmer but he did not create the robot, do you think he will know how to fix it

Reason: