Multiple Timeframes Problem?

My EA must reference a single indicator in all available timeframes. In the Strategy Tester I sometimes get "Loaded successfully" for all nine TFs once at the beginning of the test run. In other situations i GET "Loaded successfully" for all nine TFs (the first time they are referenced) but subsequently I get the Monthly and Weekly TFS "reloaded" for every reference. This does make testing very slow. Any suggestions? Thanks, RVRoman

rvroman:
My EA must reference a single indicator in all available timeframes. In the Strategy Tester I sometimes get "Loaded successfully" for all nine TFs once at the beginning of the test run. In other situations i GET "Loaded successfully" for all nine TFs (the first time they are referenced) but subsequently I get the Monthly and Weekly TFS "reloaded" for every reference. This does make testing very slow. Any suggestions? Thanks, RVRoman

ensure you have history prices in all timeframes for the test interval. Check it on history. If it is not the case, find a databank (google with "forex databank") and import the 1Minute prices.

Then you open an offline chart, e.g. 1M eurusd and then you use the script "period convertor" to convert 1Minute price to any other timeframe. For instance, from 1M to 4H you should put value 240 (4h*60minutes) in the script's input. Run the script for the other timeframes: 5,15, 30,60,240,1440, ...

After this proccess, I usually need to exit from the terminal in order to get things work.

abstract_mind:

ensure you have history prices in all timeframes for the test interval. Check it on history. If it is not the case, find a databank (google with "forex databank") and import the 1Minute prices.

Then you open an offline chart, e.g. 1M eurusd and then you use the script "period convertor" to convert 1Minute price to any other timeframe. For instance, from 1M to 4H you should put value 240 (4h*60minutes) in the script's input. Run the script for the other timeframes: 5,15, 30,60,240,1440, ...

After this proccess, I usually need to exit from the terminal in order to get things work.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have my Options -> Charts parameters set to: Max bars in history = 250000; Max bars in chart = 500000. I'm only referencing data back 2 months or less. Could you suggest better values for the parameters or, perhaps, I should just read the f@#&?ing Help!?

Cheers,

RVRoman