Tester Spread Problem - page 2

palvort:
Hi!

i can change the symbol.sel, but once i open and close platform, I have no more historical data if i´m online, no paris show at all in the strategy tester, what then?

best,

Pablo

Any answers? I've followed the directions but no history data is showing up in the strategy tester. I cleared my weekend specifically to finish the work on my back testing but have woken up to a 20pip spread instead of the usual 2. Oh and thanks Fai for creating this work around.

Its not working...

Viffer:

Any answers? I've followed the directions but no history data is showing up in the strategy tester. I cleared my weekend specifically to finish the work on my back testing but have woken up to a 20pip spread instead of the usual 2. Oh and thanks Fai for creating this work around.

Note Fai's comment in the annotated picture "don't log on to server"...if you backtest on MT4 instances which are not logged into a server then you avoid all the funny business of *.hst files changing as well as the marketinfo (spread, etc) changing.

1005phillip:

Note Fai's comment in the annotated picture "don't log on to server"...if you backtest on MT4 instances which are not logged into a server then you avoid all the funny business of *.hst files changing as well as the marketinfo (spread, etc) changing.

Yeah, that post was in my super noob days... I am older and wiser now.... well older and my test terminal is always offline ;) I never did get to the bottom of it, but didn't need to in the end.

V

doh! didn't notice the post-date, just saw that V had an unanswered question and I thought I'd drop a pointer. oh well, maybe it will help zoom27 get pointed in the right direction at least.

Hi fai

the tool for setting spread work great and is very helpful. Thank you !!

It work for me only when MT4 is not operative. I first set the spread, then start the MT4 program.

The script don't work for me.

I try to modify the spread of USDJPY for 40 pips (5 digits) and that works fine. But all the backtest that i have tried after don't do anything. I have the following error message is :

"17:43:50 2009.01.26 03:28 Tester: not enough money for buy 1.23 USDJPY at 89.253 sl: 89.153 tp: 0.000 [2009.01.26 03:28]

17:43:50 2009.01.26 03:28 Tester: PrevBalance: 10000.00, PrevPL: 0.00, PrevEquity 10000.00, PrevMargin: 0.00, NewMargin: 1, FreeMargin: -1.#J"

If i put the original symbols.sel, it is working again but not with the good spread.

What can i do ?

I'm here to share some interesting info... Here is the http://www.annaforex .com. I've found it some days before and I do advice you to try it.
Not a scam, I've tested :)

Kade, you do not answer to my problem.

I have tested on EURUSD and it works but it still don't works on USDJPY.

Does anybody have already created a symbols.sel files for USDJPY with a spread of 3 pips and have done a successfull backtest with it ?

If yes, can you explain how you have done that ? or send me the symbols.sel file.

Thanks in advance for your help !

TAAD:

Kade, you do not answer to my problem.

I have tested on EURUSD and it works but it still don't works on USDJPY.

Does anybody have already created a symbols.sel files for USDJPY with a spread of 3 pips and have done a successfull backtest with it ?

If yes, can you explain how you have done that ? or send me the symbols.sel file.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Hi TAAAD,

Could you finally backtest in USDJPY with the spread generator?

I am struggling with USDJPY. Furthermore, as a general rule it happens with al pairs where the USD is in the numerator (USDJPY,USDCHF,USD..).

After taking a closer look, I realized that my experts use the MODE_TICKVALUE function which gives the error : 1.#INF. However It works perfectly in EURUSD, GBPUSD, where the USD is in the denominator

Please let me know whether you could solve the matter.

Cheers,

Pablo Limeno

Reason: