Asctrend indicator in depth - page 3

And I agree - it may be does not matter for programmer about what to code. But as this system was manual trading system for the long time so it is the matter of visuality and about 'how easy to trade' it.

angevoyageur:

Yes. And ???

I don't know which came first, Stochastic or WPR, but all information given by WPR as available within Stochastic, so why create another indicator ? One may wonder how much of these indicators in the codebase actually brings something new.

I am using Stochastic all the time for trading. As to programmer - yes, as indicators are fully identical - it does not matter which one.

You just asked for additional filters so I am trying to find :) 

Besides, - if we look at MT5 CodeBase so AbsoluteStrength indicator is also good especially if this indicator is already coded in market condition way here - AbsoluteStrengthMarket

I mean: we can take market condition codes from AbsoluteStrengthMarket for example. We here - all the indicators from MT5 Codebase: 

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, H1, 2013.04.01

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

asctrend market

EURUSD, H1, 2013.04.01, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

By the way - Stochastic woks here with 14/5/5, price close, method simple (this is asctrend indicator + defauls Stochastic):

EURUSD, M15, 2013.04.01

asctrend stoch

EURUSD, M15, 2013.04.01, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

I mean - it works in overbought/oversold way. 

You can see here:

EURUSD, D1, 2013.04.01

asctrend 1

EURUSD, D1, 2013.04.01, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

EURUSD, D1, 2013.04.01

asctrend 1

So, it may be coded for different way:

• some line of stoch indicator is crosses some level (20 from below to above for buy, and 80 from above to below to sell - for example);
  • one line of stoch is crossing but the other - not yet (on close bar)
  • some line is crossing 50 level
  • all the lines are above 50 or below 50

and so on 

newdigital:

By the way - Stochastic woks here with 14/5/5, price close, method simple (this is asctrend indicator + defauls Stochastic):

I mean - it works in overbought/oversold way. 

And this is same setup + NRTR Color Line indicator with Coefficient = 1.0 in the settings. I mean - we can use this NRTR for stop loss / trailing stop for example.

EURUSD, D1, 2013.04.01

asctrend nrtr

By the way - I like IXOAH indicator more than WPR or Stochastic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11353/page2#comment_462046

So, it is matter of choice. 

Asctrend indicator in depth
Asctrend indicator in depth
  • www.mql5.com
With newdigital, and its topic about Signal System, I started to get interested in Asctrend indicator.

There is the other idea which I used for trading: we can use Moving Averages indicator (with the period 34 or 55) just "to separate" the chart to "buy area confirmed" and "sell area confirmed".

newdigital:

And this is same setup + NRTR Color Line indicator with Coefficient = 1.0 in the settings. I mean - we can use this NRTR for stop loss / trailing stop for example.

Which indicator do you use to display time on your chart ?
Reason: