How can we test script or library on the Market ?

I don't see a way to do this. Do we have to buy blindly a product that we know nothing ? Should there not be a refund policy if I buy such a product and I am not satisfied with it ?

Pt IV.7 of Market rules claims :

Products purchased through the Market service can not be returned.

In such circumstances, it seems to me that very few Scripts or Libraries will be sold on the market.

What do you think ?

I have experience with it. Some time ago I bought EA which are placing stop loss/take profit values to any manual placed trade. I mean: I am openning the trade manually, and this EA is placing sl and tp. Of course, EA could not be backtested as a demo. So, I bought it and got the error during the trading.

And I can confirm that Alexx is right here:

Forum

Can we write review on the market product?

Alexx, 2013.03.28 08:34

You can write a review about a Free product after downloading it, and about a Paid product after purchasing it.

I wrote review using 'this product page' (not on the forum; it was on the page where I was buying the product), author contacted with me and he corrected his product (he fixed it) and I received fixed version. So, everything is fine for now.

newdigital:

I have experience with it. Some time ago I bought EA which are placing stop loss/take profit values to any manual placed trade. I mean: I am openning the trade manually, and this EA is placing sl and tp. Of course, EA could not be backtested as a demo. So, I bought it and got the error during the trading.

And I can confirm that Alexx is right here:

I wrote review using 'this product page' (not on the forum; it was on the page where I was buying the product), author contacted with me and he corrected his product (he fixed it) and I received fixed version. So, everything is fine for now.

Ok, what if the product you buy works correctly, but it does not correspond to what you thought (since you did not test it). Probably the best is to communicate with seller before buying.

angevoyageur:
Ok, what if the product you buy works correctly, but it does not correspond to what you thought (since you did not test it). Probably the best is to communicate with seller before buying.
Ah . . .  I didn't realise that Demo products only can run in the Strategy Tester,  that is going to prove troublesome for products that rely on functionality that isn't supported in the Strategy Tester.  I had incorrectly assumed that Demos would be time limited and ran on a standard chart.  Learned something new today.

RaptorUK:
Ah . . .  I didn't realise that Demo products only can run in the Strategy Tester,  that is going to prove troublesome for products that rely on functionality that isn't supported in the Strategy Tester.  I had incorrectly assumed that Demos would be time limited and ran on a standard chart.  Learned something new today.

Pt. V.6. of Market rules.

Indicators and Expert Advisors offered through the Market service are specially compiled for the purpose of creating their demo versions, which allows potential Buyers to get an idea about the Product. Demo versions of Product have the following limitations:

1. A demo version of an Expert Advisor cannot br run on an online chart of the client terminal. Its trading part can be tested only in the Strategy Tester that is built into the client terminal;
  2. A demo version of an indicator cannot be run and seen on an online chart. Its behavior can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.

angevoyageur:

Pt. V.6. of Market rules.

Indicators and Expert Advisors offered through the Market service are specially compiled for the purpose of creating their demo versions, which allows potential Buyers to get an idea about the Product. Demo versions of Product have the following limitations:

1. A demo version of an Expert Advisor cannot br run on an online chart of the client terminal. Its trading part can be tested only in the Strategy Tester that is built into the client terminal;
  2. A demo version of an indicator cannot be run and seen on an online chart. Its behavior can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.
Thanks for the link . . . :-)

Trialware function would be better. (it may be functional for a limited time period only) 

For example 5 day full functionality.

Reason: