How long does it normally take to compile EAs?

Hi,

I've been trying to compile a very short and simple EA for over an hour now, but nothing is happening. I have 0 errors and 0 warnings.

It just says: Compiling 'test1.mq4'...

Is this normal? How long does it normally take to compile EAs?

Thanks in advance for help.

~DV

Normally, a few seconds.

what version MT4 do you have, there is definite problem with 219.

Also, there should be only one instance of Metalang.exe running in task manager.

Get either 220 or 218 load.

Delete files mqlcache.dat in /experts /experts/scripts and /experts/indicators

Try again.

Hi phy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using build 220 on WinXP SP3.

Well, my system seems to be compiling the EAs very quickly and without any difficulty. However, the problem is that the .ex4 files DON'T appear in the Navigator window of MetaEditor even though they DO appear and are available for use in the Terminal's Navigator!

In addition, the MetaEditor's Toolbox's "Errors" Tab displays the message "Compiling 'test1.mq4'..." indefinitely despite the fact that the compiling has long since finished, which is very disconcerting!

I deleted all the mqlcache.dat files as you suggested, but this had no effect.

Do you know how I can resolve these problems?

Thanks again for your help.

~DV

Well, my system seems to be compiling the EAs very quickly and without any difficulty

ok.

However, the problem is that the .ex4 files DON'T appear in the Navigator window of MetaEditor

They aren't supposed to.

In addition, the MetaEditor's Toolbox's "Errors" Tab displays the message "Compiling 'test1.mq4'..." indefinitely despite the fact that the compiling has long since finished, which is very disconcerting!

If it also says "no errors" the compile is done. Warnings may be ok. If error, the compile failed.

Do you know how I can resolve these problems?

What problems?

Hi phy,

Thanks for removing my newbie confusions!

Cheers,

~DV

dark_voyager:

Hi,

I've been trying to compile a very short and simple EA for over an hour now, but nothing is happening. I have 0 errors and 0 warnings.

It just says: Compiling 'test1.mq4'...

Is this normal? How long does it normally take to compile EAs?

Thanks in advance for help.

~DV

i sell a robot that i programed. it works perfectly well only when u follow my instructions. +2348036860370