EA that makes an internet request

Hello,

UPDATE: Please also see second response below for further details on what I'm looking for. Thanks.

I'm making a modification to my original request.

I need an EA written that makes an internet request. The page will return a response, in xml or through a response code, whatever is easier for you. The EA wil then take action based on that response. I'd like to pay someone to get it done. If you have used MT4 to make and process an internet request, please leave your email address in a response to this thread and I'll email specific requirements of what is needed.

Thanks.

Gomer

gomer:

Hello,

I'm making a modification to my original request.

I need an EA written that makes an internet request. The page will return a response, in xml or through a response code, whatever is easier for you. The EA wil then take action based on that response. I'd like to pay someone to get it done. If you have used MT4 to make and process an internet request, please leave your email address in a response to this thread and I'll email specific requirements of what is needed.

Thanks.

Gomer

I didn't see previous post, but I suppose that scenario is: you are away from your terminal and want to instruct it (e.g., open orders, seting up take profits and stop losses; and even definition of trend/support/resistence lines) through the internet.

It can be done. Another approach for your problem can be:

you find a (general purpose) program that grabs a file from an internet address and saves it inside "c:\metatrader\experts\files" (or equivalent in your PC). You can tell this program to get the file periodically (e.g., each hour).

This way, you have an easier problem, which is to make an EA that reads the file's contents. For such, you can find, in the forum, many examples of EA accessing files, and using its contents to adjust functionality.

I've alredy used both approachs before.

have nice trading.

Abstract Mind, thanks for the response. From my description, I see how you figured I was trying to do that but I'm actually trying to do something else.

I will explain in a bit more detail. When I said "calling a page|, I really meant by methoods such as: making a SOAP request, or making a POST, or reading the response of an internet page. The point of that is that the page that is called kicks of a program that will gather information from from various sources and do processing on it. The processing done by the page/program that is called is beyond the scope of MT4. The EA calls for that information and then takes action on it. Basically, the challenge is in EA making a SOAP request, or making a POST or interpreting the response of a page on the internet in someway. I don't know how to do that. I did not want to say exactly what method the request is because my page can be setup to accomodate many types of requests.

I hope that helps someone understand what I'm looking for. Once again, am willing to pay for a solution. If someone can point me to some code that does this, this is also fine and I don't mind trying to figure this out if someone is not available.

Thanks.

gomer:

Abstract Mind, thanks for the response. From my description, I see how you figured I was trying to do that but I'm actually trying to do something else.

I will explain in a bit more detail. When I said "calling a page|, I really meant by methoods such as: making a SOAP request, or making a POST, or reading the response of an internet page. The point of that is that the page that is called kicks of a program that will gather information from from various sources and do processing on it. The processing done by the page/program that is called is beyond the scope of MT4. The EA calls for that information and then takes action on it. Basically, the challenge is in EA making a SOAP request, or making a POST or interpreting the response of a page on the internet in someway. I don't know how to do that. I did not want to say exactly what method the request is because my page can be setup to accomodate many types of requests.

I hope that helps someone understand what I'm looking for. Once again, am willing to pay for a solution. If someone can point me to some code that does this, this is also fine and I don't mind trying to figure this out if someone is not available.

Thanks.

MetaTrader has capacity to call functions from DLLs (see https://docs.mql4.com/basis/variables/extfunctions). You could try making an DLL as a bridge between your EA and the site. That is, whenever an EA wants to make a post to the site, it calls DLL function sendPost(...); the sendPost's implementation would in turn establish internet connection with the SITE.

You can google with terms "metatrader DLL" to find pages that describe the process. There are also examples in this forum. One such, and fancy example, is a DLL implementation that allows an EA send messages using Skype.

https://forum.mql4.com/9083

Thanks Russel.

I'm still open to someone paying someone to give me a hand with this. Thanks.

gomer wrote >>

Thanks Russel.

I'm still open to someone paying someone to give me a hand with this. Thanks.

Hi Gomer,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I recently wrote MQL to connect to a webservice hosted on another website, extract data from a database, and then return it to the MQL.

Take care,

Tony

Reason: