Metatrader Not responding

Hi guys,

I am having this problem of the MetaTrader4 not responding and taking a long time to start the program. It is still the same even after I re-install the program. Any of you guys out there having the same problem?? Someone help please!!!!!! 2 computer, 1 is XP and the other is Vista. The only time it works is immediately after re-installation, but if you close the program and re-start it again, it will hang again. Thanks in advance. Again, SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!

Regards,

milker:

The only time it works is immediately after re-installation, but if you close the program and re-start it again, it will hang again.

What have you done between re-installation and re-starting the program? Did you attach any EA/indicators after re-installation?

blogzr3:

What have you done between re-installation and re-starting the program? Did you attach any EA/indicators after re-installation?

When I remove the program, the EA and indicator still remain in the MetaTrader folder which was not deleted by the uninstall command, so I did not do anything out of the ordinary. As for between re-installation and re-starting, I could not do anything as immediately upon completion of re-installation, the program will ask if you want to launch MetaTrader or not, in which I did. After it was launch, everything was good, asked to live update, which I did and restart by itself.

All still works fine, so I did all the necessary setting like the enable DDE, enable live trading, etc. and insert the key to my EA. At this stage, all's still good.

The problem starts here, after I close the program and re-start MetaTrader later, it will take a long time to load, once it is loaded, any clicks on the program will hang it.

blogzr, any solution??, very frustrating y'know. Thanks!

milker:

All still works fine, so I did all the necessary setting like the enable DDE, enable live trading, etc. and insert the key to my EA. At this stage, all's still good.

The problem starts here, after I close the program and re-start MetaTrader later, it will take a long time to load, once it is loaded, any clicks on the program will hang it.

blogzr, any solution??, very frustrating y'know. Thanks!

So you did do something after re-installation and before re-starting.

To prove whether it's the EA or not, don't do anything after re-installation, ie don't set/enable/insert any EAs/indicators at all. Just exit and re-start MetaTrader several times and see whether you have a problem. Note that after you have attached an EA, it will start to run each time you start MetaTrader - so you don't really know if re-starting MetaTrader or re-starting the EA is the problem.

If re-starting without any EAs or any indicators doesn't give you any problems, then the fault is with the EA or indicator. If you have the EA mq4, then I would put in a whole bunch of Print statements, but you probably don't since you mentioned "key" so you have to get back to the provider of the EA.

blogzr3:

So you did do something after re-installation and before re-starting.

To prove whether it's the EA or not, don't do anything after re-installation, ie don't set/enable/insert any EAs/indicators at all. Just exit and re-start MetaTrader several times and see whether you have a problem. Note that after you have attached an EA, it will start to run each time you start MetaTrader - so you don't really know if re-starting MetaTrader or re-starting the EA is the problem.

If re-starting without any EAs or any indicators doesn't give you any problems, then the fault is with the EA or indicator. If you have the EA mq4, then I would put in a whole bunch of Print statements, but you probably don't since you mentioned "key" so you have to get back to the provider of the EA.

Ok, it's not the EA, everything was good this time after re-installation (that was 2 days ago) until I download historical data, it just hang even after re-starting it several times including shutting down XP and re-starting again. Any clue?

Reason: