Build 216 bug ? isConnected() returns false but metatrader still connected

Hello,

Yesterday, on a live account and on a demo account (2 different brokers) my EA notified that isConnected() returns false. But price was updated and everything else looks ok. I had to shutdown/restart metatrader to get isConnected() returning true.

Is there a bug on isConnected() in build 216 ?

Maybe I got a real disconnection, but function isConnected() still returns false even after connection was restored ?

MT4 dev team, thanks for investigating my problem.

Regards,

GdA.

Occured again this night. Please confirm that you are investigating this bug. Thanks.

We investigate this problem

stringo, phy

Thanks, I registred the bug this morning.

it indeed is a bug - I am using 216, too and am getting the same error. I filed a bug.

Could you guys please hurry up and repair this critical bug ;) ?

This might be a hint for you:

it might be caused by a script waiting, e.g. having opened a messageBox which is waiting for user input, while the switch from NOT_CONNECTED to CONNECTED happens.

tradeigel:

This might be a hint for you:

it might be caused by a script waiting, e.g. having opened a messageBox which is waiting for user input, while the switch from NOT_CONNECTED to CONNECTED happens.

I confirm that it is not the case for me. My EA only output through Print and Comment functions.

Ok, I see...

Well...we'll see how long it takes MetaQuotes to find this bug, that is, the reason for it.

Do you think for bugs like this a new version will be released immediately?

1 month ago we've fixed bug with IsConnected(). It is fresh fix but we cannot reproduce this bug again

thanks for answering, stringo...what does that mean for us? You mean the fix is gonna be implemented in 217? Or...I guess I know what you mean..actually, it shouldn't work with 216...but obviously it does not (at least for two people), right?

"Fixed 1 month ago" means this fix is already present in the 216th build.

We cannot reproduce another bug with IsConnected() described above

Reason: