Expert on offline chart

Hi,

I'm trying to use an EA on offline chart (for example such as created by period_converter). They don't receive ticks which needs to use while() loop inside. However, after few minutes the offline charts shows "Waiting for update" and is not updated anymore. I suspect it is a kind of deadlock, because when I open another offline chart then it is updated correctly, and when I close it the original chart is OK for a while untill the next "Waiting for update" lockout.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem of MT4?

What the offline symbol and timeframe?

Do You get this problem if remove EA from offline chart (or do not attach EA to the chart)?

stringo:

Do You get this problem if remove EA from offline chart (or do not attach EA to the chart)?

I open a 1 minute eur/usd chart and I have a script that makes it into a renko chart in an offline chart. I keep the 1 minute chart with the chart open, but minimized, and the renko chart (offline chart) window open. This works fine: if I just open the offline chart with the renko script it works perfectly, but when I drop an EA on it (that works fine on a regular chart), the offline chart stops working on it: it gives the "waiting for update" message instead of the renko bars, but not directly, but after 1 minute or so. There is no problem with the EA: it works on a regular chart, but after dropping the EA on the chart, the renko chart stops working. The renko chart doesn't take time into account: it makes a new bar when there is a directional move of n pips, regardless of time, but the script works the way it should be working without the EA. Removing the EA from the chart doesn't make it update again: it still gives the "waiting for update" message. After I reopen the offline charts renko chart it is still working fine.

MrH:
stringo:

I open a 1 minute eur/usd chart and I have a script that makes it into a renko chart in an offline chart. I keep the 1 minute chart with the chart open, but minimized, and the renko chart (offline chart) window open. This works fine: if I just open the offline chart with the renko script it works perfectly, but when I drop an EA on it (that works fine on a regular chart), the offline chart stops working on it: it gives the "waiting for update" message instead of the renko bars, but not directly, but after 1 minute or so. There is no problem with the EA: it works on a regular chart, but after dropping the EA on the chart, the renko chart stops working. The renko chart doesn't take time into account: it makes a new bar when there is a directional move of n pips, regardless of time, but the script works the way it should be working without the EA. Removing the EA from the chart doesn't make it update again: it still gives the "waiting for update" message. After I reopen the offline charts renko chart it is still working fine.

I'm the developer of Renko charts, but the problem can be easily reproduced with period_converter. Just take any symbol (I'm testing EURUSD) and multiply (I do it for 10). I can put any indicator at the chart and it is OK. When I drop EA on it with a costruct:

while(!IsStopped())
{
if(RefreshRates())
{
cnt++;
Comment("p=",DoubleToStr(Bid,Digits)," (",cnt,")");
}
Sleep(100);
}

Then it works for a while, sometimes very long indeed, and after some time it hangs. If I put more code in the while() loop it hangs very fast.

stringo:

When I remove EA from the off-line chart in hanging mode, it still hangs. It recovers only when I open second offline chart for the same symbol and TF.

There is big problem to open offline standard symbol-periods. One of part (symbol or period) MUST BE NON-STANDARD!

But the renko chart already has a non standard period, well I guess.

stringo:
There is big problem to open offline standard symbol-periods. One of part (symbol or period) MUST BE NON-STANDARD!
This is the case, period is 10, it is NON-STANDARD!. Please forget about Renko bars, concentrate on period_converter bars. The problem is universal for both (or even more pffline charts I have, like baskets, time shifted, etc).

Michal:
stringo:
This is the case, period is 10, it is NON-STANDARD!. Please forget about Renko bars, concentrate on period_converter bars. The problem is universal for both (or even more pffline charts I have, like baskets, time shifted, etc).
By the way, one of my clients just reported that the same can happen with (custom right now) indicators.

Ok. We've reproduced this problem. Thanks.

Download build 215 dated 04 Apr and try again

stringo:

Ok. We've reproduced this problem. Thanks.

Download build 215 dated 04 Apr and try again

Where can I find this?

I didn't see it on the metaquotes.net website.

Reason: