Please Can anyone help?

I have been able to run multiple MetaTrader platforms on my Vista Laptop for months...No Prob. 4 days ago I did a data upload to Dell for a new laptop I'm buying and you send your dats and they send back machine loaded with your settings. I had three Plats running at time, email said nothing about closing programs, so I sent, bam, no prob, I traded the rest of day. Later I did a reboot and after that every time a Platform goes to load a Windows box pops up and says "METETRADER HAS STOPPED WORKING" I click OK and then It says " A PROBLEM HAS CAUSED IT TO STOP AND WE"LL NOTIFY IF FIX AVAILABLE"

I've tried 4 seperate restores, I did a tech on phone from Gateway, Tried Windows Diagnostics, Removed all Plats and tried to download a NEW clean one. I am stumped. I am sitting here with a pile of CD's contemplating a complete factory restore, and I really don't wan't to do that, sooooo, Was wondering might any one here have a brilliant idea? Thanks, For taking the time to even ponder it.....it is perplexing Steve sjanus11@aol.com

Tell us what you LIKE about Vista...

LiveUpdate would not work for me until I found out in these forums that you can open MetaTrader as an Administrator. I tied that, and then it let me update from Build 225 to Build 226. However, I then got the same message as you: "MetaTrader has stopped working".

I ran the uninstall program, and selected "Repair MetaTrader". Basically, it re-installed Build 225, which I can get to work (both as an Administrator and as User). I tried to re-run LiveUpdate, but got the same problem again. So, I repaired it back to Build 225 and will not run LiveUpdate untl I can find out if someone has found a fix for this.

I didn't want to completely uninstall MT$ and then re-install it, just in case the problem is with Build 226 and Vista.

Does anybody else have a fix?

Is UAC disabled for MT4
Reason: