I am a newbie and want to get HA in a new window..

Hello Friends

How can i see the Drawing Heiken-Ashi indicator in a different chart

As if i change the code for the provided indicator it doesnt work. Please can you help,

I am a newbie

Thanks for your help in advance..

Can you be more specific?

Hello there

Thanks for replying, now MT4 has a custom indicator Heiken-Ashi but as the range is same as main chart it appears on the main chart and it is not clear. Can you plz make the indicator in a separate chart.

It does not work by just changing the indicator property separate window. Please help and hope its clear.

adler2:

Hello there

Thanks for replying, now MT4 has a custom indicator Heiken-Ashi but as the range is same as main chart it appears on the main chart and it is not clear. Can you plz make the indicator in a separate chart.

It does not work by just changing the indicator property separate window. Please help and hope its clear.

Unfortunately, style Histogram allow draw candlesticks only on price chart.

Thanks

This works not sure why, first attach existing heikin-ashi indicator to the chart we see HA in the same window as price chart

Now edit the code to change the property to show in separate window.

Compile.

Remove the indicator and add again

Now the indicators shows all asll bars in different window.

Now revert back the code to price chart windows and there you got it a heikin ashi view on separate window, is it all messed up?

Using the original HA...

Chart Options, change chart bar colors to "none"

Change "Chart on foreground" to false

In other words, hide the drawing of the standard chart and force it to the background

HA overlay should be clear now.

Sorry phy

I want to see both chart values and ha values thats why i prefer to have ha in a separate window, Did you try to make it in a different window?

You can't draw bars using the method that is used in the HA indicator in a separate window.

The HA indicator uses "pairs" of indicator indexes to draw the bars, with the high and low of the pair specifying
the color of the histogram segment drawn. That method only works in the main window.

If you want to see HA in separate window, you can take the HA values and draw and color your own
bars using Objects in the subwindow.

( a hack method was described above by adler2, I did see that myself, too, so it is not "impossible" to get histogram bars in
the subwindow, but you cannot do it by directly using indicator indexes)

Here is a picture of an indicator that draws bars in the subwindow using objects instead of indicator indexes. The same
idea could be applied to HA.

Well, there is a small trick. Here it is:

Hello Thanks for both of you

Phy: please would you mind sharing the code, i can pick on that thanks

Help Phy, waiting for your code for drawing using objects in a separate window

Would be really helpful thanks

Reason: