Computer requirements

Hello,

I want to buy a new computer only for trading. 
To run between 4 and 8 MT4 platforms.

What are the requirements for a good computer for this ?

you don't need to buy it , just you have to rent vps , after that you have stable connection and you are always online , I rent vps with win server 2008 by 2 Gigabyte of ram and run more than 6 platform and not problem with it . If your really going to buy new computer for 8 platform with 64 bit windows 2 GIG of ram is enough but 4 GIG of ram is better , my mean is you don't need powerfull system or CPU , but traders Rather rent vps 

sometimes you need online for several days when you take long position and vps is better because that's always online ,

you know better anyway

good luck. 

Hello ElPulga,

i assume that this won't be an exclusive trading client and you'll do some other stuff besides the terminals are running.

So you need a client that's able to handle a lot of threads and actions at the same time.

A serious trading client should have the following components:

- a Quad Core Intel i5 / i7 or Xeon Processor  (NO mobile processor)

- at least 8 Gigabyte of RAM

- a SSD as main hard drive 

- Windows 7 or 8.1 in a 64-bit version

Especially backtests are resource consuming and can slow down a low budget system extremely.

A VPS is a nice idea for a pure 24/7 EA trading system with several terminals but it is never a replacement for a professional trading desktop.

Best regards

Daniel 

I run 8 MetaTrader4,,,, 3 MultiTerminal ,,,, and 1 demo account MetaTrader5 at the same time... I only trade manual so I can not use VPS.
Total 12 MetaTrader Terminal , 11 different brokers at same time.

My PC is very low on system specification but still able to run all MetaTrader without serious problem.
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Proc 4600+
- 3.5GB RAM
- VGA ATI Radeon 3200 OnBoard (share RAM)
- Windows XP Professional SP3

so, all PC above my system should be no problem to run much MetaTrader but there also some trick to avoid MetaTrader bogging down your PC system.

soubasa:

you don't need to buy it , just you have to rent vps , after that you have stable connection and you are always online , I rent vps with win server 2008 by 2 Gigabyte of ram and run more than 6 platform and not problem with it . If your really going to buy new computer for 8 platform with 64 bit windows 2 GIG of ram is enough but 4 GIG of ram is better , my mean is you don't need powerfull system or CPU , but traders Rather rent vps 

sometimes you need online for several days when you take long position and vps is better because that's always online ,

you know better anyway

good luck. 

Ok, I will also rent a vps 
Which VPS do you recommend ?

blueball:

Hello ElPulga,

i assume that this won't be an exclusive trading client and you'll do some other stuff besides the terminals are running.

So you need a client that's able to handle a lot of threads and actions at the same time.

A serious trading client should have the following components:

- a Quad Core Intel i5 / i7 or Xeon Processor  (NO mobile processor)

- a SSD as main hard drive 

- Windows 7 or 8.1 in a 64-bit version

Especially backtests are resource consuming and can slow down a low budget system extremely.

A VPS is a nice idea for a pure 24/7 EA trading system with several terminals but it is never a replacement for a professional trading desktop.

Best regards

Daniel 

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your answer
No I want to use this PC only for running MT4, all other things I do on my Mac.

widhie75:

I run 8 MetaTrader4,,,, 3 MultiTerminal ,,,, and 1 demo account MetaTrader5 at the same time... I only trade manual so I can not use VPS.
Total 12 MetaTrader Terminal , 11 different brokers at same time.

My PC is very low on system specification but still able to run all MetaTrader without serious problem.
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Proc 4600+
- 3.5GB RAM
- VGA ATI Radeon 3200 OnBoard (share RAM)
- Windows XP Professional SP3

so, all PC above my system should be no problem to run much MetaTrader but there also some trick to avoid MetaTrader bogging down your PC system.

Which tricks do you mean ?

If you are in this for a long haul you should have at least these configuration

- a Quad Core Intel i5 / i7  with at least 8 cores @ 3.5GHz

- an SSD as main hard drive 

- at least Windows 7 in a 64-bit version or higher versions of Windows Operating System.

yamarkets1:

If you are in this for a long haul you should have at least these configuration

- a Quad Core Intel i5 / i7  with at least 8 cores @ 3.5GHz

- an SSD as main hard drive 

- at least Windows 7 in a 64-bit version or higher versions of Windows Operating System.

I have none of the above and it's working just fine.

If you're building a designated trading PC aim for low TDP system and fanless design. You'll realize its value later.

Dont forget to take Noctua or BeQuiet Fans, those are the best.
Reason: