What is Expert Advisors?

Hi everyone,

My name is Aras, and 24 years old. I'm sorry if my english is worst 'coz I'm asian.

I have just know about Expert Advisors from several seminars and also from website explaining how to gain profit as soon as possible using Meta Trader.

Actually, I used Meta Trader when I was work at Futures Company couple years ago, but I only use it for chart monitoring only. Suddenly, when I heard about Expert Advisor, I really want to know much more.

So, can anyone help me to explain about this 'thing' and how to use it? I already downloaded RobotPowerM5_meta4V12, Copyright @ 2005, but I don't know how to use it.

There was seminar about forex and they introduced some like Expert Advisors (I think), and they sell it for $ 1,250,-, is it legit? So, if it's legit how am I suppose to do? Buy it?

My only questions are: what is expert advisors? how to use it? how to make profit ASAP?

Thank you... =(

Expert Advisor is a programm written in MQL4 language (designed and provided by MetaQuates). This programm has to be compiled under MetaTrader and then attached to chosen chart in MetaTrader. Its function is to open and close position in forex market. To make this operations profitable Expert Advisor (EA) has to have proper algorithm (trading strategy) implemented.

How to make profit? 2 ways: 1. buy commercial EA for several hundreds $; 2. write it by yourself. Then run it under MT4.

you know what is trading and how to trade, so programming them to code, and then let computer follow it to trade, that is EA.

It is use computer replace you to trade.

Expert Advisor (EA), is just a fancy name for a (computer) program/tool.

The EA (program/tool) allows you to create code.
The code language is (MetaQuotes Language)(MQL)
http://www.metaquotes.net/experts/mql4/
The code you create can be used for a number of things.
You can use your code to automatically place trades for you.

P.S.
The EA program/tool is part of a larger program/platform called MetaTrader (MT).
The MT platform is a program that allows you to place trades (manually, or automatically (via EA)).
With MT, you can conveniently place trades with your PC, Pocket PC, Mobile phone, etc.
https://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4/

Hope this helps.

Another fancy name is trading robot or just robot :)

hi everyone ,

I need help !!

can anyone tell me how to download mq4 files( indicator ) and use it under metatrader 4

i m already open the file in meta editor and compile it with no errors and then what i should do ???

thanks in advance

Ihab

download  indicator, save it in \experts\indicators & compile it

LesioS:
download indicator, save it in \experts\indicators & compile it
Hi,
Appreciate if you can load one EA.
thks.

onimusha:
LesioS:
download indicator, save it in \experts\indicators & compile it
Hi,