help with mq4 files

good day everyone. im using the meta editor. i have mq4 files in my hard disk which has the complete codes and everything. i wanted to open it and attach to the chart in the terminal thus test the strategy. anyone who lend me a helping hand? my email > victoryjunior19@yahoo.com. thanks.

i read wad u linked to me. i dont get that directory part. n how do i launch those ex4 extension files?

Put ex4 extension files (if you have not mq4 extension) in the corresponding directory, expert advisors in C:\Programm File\ MetaTrader 4\experts\ (indicators in C:\Programm File\ MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators) and launch MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal. Then press Ctrl+N and choose EA to attach to the chart or press Ctrl+R to run backtesting.

Rosh:
Put ex4 extension files (if you have not mq4 extension) in the corresponding directory, expert advisors in C:\Programm File\ MetaTrader 4\experts\ (indicators in C:\Programm File\ MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators) and launch MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal. Then press Ctrl+N and choose EA to attach to the chart or press Ctrl+R to run backtesting.
thanks alot rosh. it helps. x)

victor19:
Rosh:
thanks alot rosh. it helps. x)

one more thing, how do i create an ex4 file out of mq4?

hi everyone ,

I need help !!

can anyone tell me how to download mq4 files( indicator ) and use it under metatrader 4

i m already open the file in meta editor and compile it with no errors and then what i should do ???

thanks in advance

Ihab

Reason: