Automated Trading Championshio 2007: Common Errors in Expert Advisors - page 2

MarketForce:
The following code gives me an OrderModify error 1.  Can anyone tell me why?  All I want to do is move my intial stoploss to a
profitable position.  Do I have to modify my take profit as well?

OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(),(OrderOpenPrice()+ movestop*Point), OrderTakeProfit(),0, Red);

Any help would be appreciated

Rosh offers an answer to your potential problem in the Russian forum at this link.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fforum. mql4.com%2fru%2f8195%2fpage7

Upon downloading MT4 terminal from the address you indicated and after downloading the historical data through the history tool, I did a strategy test from 1-1-2007 to 20-8-2007 but I got much different results than those that I found in the championship account (and that are done automatically). I wonder what I should do in order to obtain the exact same results. Is the championship's data different that the one offered by Meta Quotes to the participants? If not, why is this occurring?

Thanks

i_me

On 2007.09.07 14:30 (MetaQuotes contest demo server time), US Nonfarm Payroll number was dramatic downside surprise, USD tanked, but the spread on GBP/USD in my temporary contest account did not change from 3 pips. Is this simulation of real trading conditions? During contest, will spread stay constant 3 pips no matter what? If not, how much can spread on GBP/USD be expected to change during news release?

plj:

In verification report of my Expert Advisor I recieved the following message:

-----------------------

62500 kb of log files (must be less than 64 000 kb)

0 min 50 seconds

Errors: 1

---------------------------

What does "62500 kb of log files (must be less than 64 000 kb)" mean?

Is my EA ok? what is the "errors : 1" ?

Log files are produced by your expert calling the Print() function, which is good while testing but takes up resources during the contest. Either reduce or remove your Print() function calls in your EA.

All the best,

Jan

I couldnt upload my .ex4 file.

(The file name may include only latin letters............. )

in which my file name contain only latin letters, but the message box keep prompt me the same error.

Help needed.

Thanks.

kllim13:

I couldnt upload my .ex4 file.

(The file name may include only latin letters............. )

in which my file name contain only latin letters, but the message box keep prompt me the same error.

Help needed.

Thanks.

Read this:

'Championship question- could not uppload files'

"After having been connected to the contest account, it is necessary to download the entire one-minute history from the HistoryCenter for the relevant symbols starting from 1999 (all timeframes will be recalculated automatically)"

I tried to download the entire one-minutes history but I couldn't. The terminal downloaded only 37.148 records to the database. What can I do to get all datas?

Thank you in advance.

Relative

See video How works downloading from History Center

Thank you the reply Rosh. I have found the problem. I run out of the disk space. ;)

I have Meta4 , is that ok?
Reason: