price on trade and chart different.

hey, what? the chart on eurusd is showing ask of 1.2784 and the sell trade i have on is showing price of 1.2794. are my eyes deceiving me?

Looks funny, but isn't the line on the chart the BID price, and perhaps the price shown in the table the ASK price, thus indicating a SPREAD of 10 ?

hey, you're right! when I pull up the trade function, I get the 10 pip spread. !!!! wierd! supposed to be 2 pips.. I really think something is screwy here. but it probably is the broker, not the program. The other platform I am working with does not have that spread. Of course, this is why I am watching two platforms and two brokers, to see things like this and decide which I will go with in the real world of trading. (and I have tried a few! real life and otherwise)

AHA! I caught them again today... looks like brokers run the spread up on friday pm.. hmmmmm think I will use
if(MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_SPREAD)> *3) {quit trading!!!}
*for a normal spread of 2 pips... some will require more..

Of course, I may miss a huge rally by doing this... perhaps I should just not trade friday pm.
One broker has the 10 pip spread and the other one has 6 pips on eur/usd..
Does anyone know the rationale for that?

(added later) OH, i see.. if you are in a trade and they increase the spread, you are all of a sudden down a lot on that trade and you might run it over the weekend, ,, therefore more interest profit for them.. hmmmmm
Reason: