Registration to Automated Trading Championship 2006 is opened! - page 4

TR1:
maria:
keltech:

Could I get some help on this query please:

Will the MT4 server be using the same time-frame with respect to GMT (daylight saving etc) right through
the contest period?
If not, can any anticipated changes be noted now to enable compensating code to be written in the EA?

Yes, the MT4 server will be using the same timeframe throughout the Championship. The only change will happen when the Daylight Saving Time ends (the clocks will be turned 1 hour back on Sunday, the 29th of October 2006).

Just to be sure we all understand (as I suspect the first part of your answer is talking only about the timeframe the expert will run on), does that mean the following:
- Until Oct 29th, championship chart time will be GMT/UTC + 2
- From Oct 29th, championship chart time will be GMT/UTC + 1

Please confirm if that's correct, thanks.
Yes, this is correct.

I live in the US and I applied for a passport but I may not receive it until Nov. 4. My EA will finish forward testing next week and then I will submit it for the championship. Can I finish registering for the championship without a passport#? Then when I get my passport# submit it. Or would I need to submit another ID such as my Drivers License and how would I do this?

Best Regards

Hi,

I have made some change in my EA, but unable to upload it (the delete link to remove the old EA in the site doesnt work and message
error says HTTP 400 - Bad Request).

Help me please. Thanks

riyo wrote:
Hi,

I have made some change in my EA, but unable to upload it (the delete link to remove the old EA in the site doesnt work and message
error says HTTP 400 - Bad Request).

Help me please. Thanks

MS's IE maybe so.

Try other explorer

RobinHood:
I live in the US and I applied for a passport but I may not receive it until Nov. 4. My EA will finish forward testing next week and then I will submit it for the championship. Can I finish registering for the championship without a passport#? Then when I get my passport# submit it. Or would I need to submit another ID such as my Drivers License and how would I do this?

Best Regards
Drivers License is ok, yes. The registration cannot, unfortunately, be complete without submitting a # (no matter, passport# or Drivers License#). If you get your passport too late for the Championship, please submit your Drivers License#.

maria:
RobinHood:

Best Regards
Drivers License is ok, yes. The registration cannot, unfortunately, be complete without submitting a # (no matter, passport# or Drivers License#). If you get your passport too late for the Championship, please submit your Drivers License#.
I have got the same problem, I live in France, I have an internal passport (or identity card) and a driver license. Do I absolutely need a international passport to participate ?

thx

mouais666:
maria:
RobinHood:

Best Regards
I have got the same problem, I live in France, I have an internal passport (or identity card) and a driver license. Do I absolutely need a international passport to participate ?

thx
No, you don't need an international passport to participate, you can sumbit your Driver's License number.

Actually, you could also submit your ID number (numero de la carte d'identité, right?), but this is not welcome since numbers in local languages can be written in symbols that are not properly readable for us. This is why an international passport or a Driver's License is more preferable.

maria:
mouais666:
maria:
RobinHood:

Best Regards

thx
No, you don't need an international passport to participate, you can sumbit your Driver's License number.

Actually, you could also submit your ID number (numero de la carte d'identité, right?), but this is not welcome since numbers in local languages can be written in symbols that are not properly readable for us. This is why an international passport or a Driver's License is more preferable.
ok then i will submit my driver license ;)
thx

Hello,

I cannot login to my account. The number is 414004, it's not in the range of 400. 000-405.000.
I have made a topic about it (invalid account), it seems others also have problems.
I see Stringo answering people but he/she skipped my topic after one post, so I decided to reply here too.

For additional information (server, etc) see my topic invalid account

Thank you very much,

Sorry guys but there is something here that I don´t see clearly. As we can see, the point 6 indicates that there must not be any rigid parameters:

"Experts can contain limitations to be used outside the Championship, but they must:
  • work normally and be tested on the whole interval of year 2006 (for portfolio strategies no history testing is necessary, simple description will be enough)
  • work normally in accounts the numbers of which are from 400 000 to 405 000
  • work normally with demo accounts opened on the server of demo.metaquotes.net:443
  • properly consider symbol settings without rigidly specified parameters (limitations on lots, spreads, minimal deviation from the market price, etc.) "

Later on, it does indicates that the lots musn´t be bigger than 5??????????????
Also my strategy has a fixed max deviation, so now I don´t know if it is ok to leave like that or take it away.

I´m missing something or the rules are unclear.

Please reply.

Reason: