"without rigidly specified parameters" for championship

Sorry guys but there is something here that I don´t see clearly. As we can see, the point 6 indicates that there must not be any rigid parameters:

"Experts can contain limitations to be used outside the Championship, but they must:
  • work normally and be tested on the whole interval of year 2006 (for portfolio strategies no history testing is necessary, simple description will be enough)
  • work normally in accounts the numbers of which are from 400 000 to 405 000
  • work normally with demo accounts opened on the server of demo.metaquotes.net:443
  • properly consider symbol settings without rigidly specified parameters (limitations on lots, spreads, minimal deviation from the market price, etc.) "

Later on, it does indicates that the lots musn´t be bigger than 5??????????????
Also my strategy has a fixed max deviation, so now I don´t know if it is ok to leave like that or take it away.

I´m missing something or the rules are unclear.

Please reply.

forexfordinner:
Sorry guys but there is something here that I don´t see clearly. As we can see, the point 6 indicates that there must not be any rigid parameters:

"Experts can contain limitations to be used outside the Championship, but they must:
  • work normally and be tested on the whole interval of year 2006 (for portfolio strategies no history testing is necessary, simple description will be enough)
  • work normally with demo accounts opened on the server of demo.metaquotes.net:443
  • properly consider symbol settings without rigidly specified parameters (limitations on lots, spreads, minimal deviation from the market price, etc.) "

Also my strategy has a fixed max deviation, so now I don´t know if it is ok to leave like that or take it away.

Please reply.

Bulk requests with wrong parameters can result in disqualification of your expert. We recommend you just to insert the checking for acceptability of parameters into your code .

maria wrote:
forexfordinner wrote:

Please reply.

Bulk requests with wrong parameters can result in disqualification of your expert. We recommend you just to insert the checking for acceptability of parameters into your code .
Hi Maria,
What do you mean by inserting the checking into the code? my EA is set to don't send orders with more than 5 lots and 5 pips slippage, is that ok? Do I have to add something else? When would I know that the EA is accepted?

pabloschiki:

Hi Maria,
What do you mean by inserting the checking into the code? my EA is set to don't send orders with more than 5 lots and 5 pips slippage, is that ok? Do I have to add something else? When would I know that the EA is accepted?

I don't think you need to add something else!
I've converted all of my external variables to internal global ones to be sure that no wrong inputs would be entered!

same here codersguru, I´ve changed the same so if anybody touches something just for testing, it wouldn´t mess up my settings. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying that moderators would start playing around with the EA, I just thing that if it gets modified by mistake, I won´t have a change to fix it up.

Greetings everybody,

I have seen similar issue over and over. I my view, it falls into category of "Broker Profile". What does it mean for me?

Every single broker has its own policies or rules, unfortunately, not always clearly written. If broker is honest, it will not break its own rules. I believe that, in this "Championship" you have to consider MetaQuotes as a broker, most likely very friendly one. However, it is not true every broker. That's why in my system EA there is place to read a text file. That specific text file lists all the critical information about a broker. During EA initialization, EA reads broker profile data and modifies some default parameters of EA. This is to adjust EA to the specific broker environment and make EA to trade correctly according to supplied data.

Not all the information about a broker is presented explicitly. One may need to formally inquire for the particular piece of information.

Finally, I found that a lot of people test endlessly their EA on the historical data. Even if their results look optimistic, they very frequently fail miserably (loose) running their EA on the real accounts.
Consequently, one has to make critical distinction between performance of the system EA and performance of the broker, and test both separately.
That is why, before I will ever put to work my target system EA for profit, I will test and apply my EA designed specifically for testing brokers adherence to their own policies.

FX4EVER

Reason: