Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS"

New article MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS is published:

Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone. There are many topics on MQL5.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader 5 under Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work with MetaTrader 5 via the Apple's popular operating system.

MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS

Author: MetaQuotes

As was already mentioned above, Wine is not a completely stable software. Thus, some functions of the MetaTrader 5 terminal may work improperly. Currently the following issues are discovered:

no good news :(

It would be really good if there were a real Mac OS X version of Metatrader 4 or 5. I own a mac and I have to run a Virtual Machine to run MT on my computer and use the full potential of it.

henlatourrette:
It would be really good if there were a real Mac OS X version of Metatrader 4 or 5. I own a mac and I have to run a Virtual Machine to run MT on my computer and use the full potential of it.
Totally agree, this option for mac don't work well, it would be great if there was a real MAC OS version of Metatrader. please :'(

I wonder Why Meta Quest doesn't want to create MAC version of MT4 and MT5?????

how do I install the expert on mt5 playonmac? 

Problem of MQ5 on MacOS.

1) Downloading file will not pass the file integrety test.

2) Several tool buttons are missed after proceeding with install.  

I suggest parallel desktop rather than wine. Are you going to develop a native Mac OS version of MQ5? 

I have performed a successful install Oct 2014 (OSX 10.9.5).  The steps have changed slightly, you don't need to install the 'X' drivers in advance or the character sets.

Download & install 'Play on Mac'

Download MT5

Install as described in instructions

Use 'Play on Mac' configure to place icons on the menu.

Email me if your stuck, happy to help.

Hi MQL5

I hope the New Year is treating you well. 

Like everyone else here, I'm running MT4 on my Mac (765). I have a iMac is one of the most popular desktops in the world http://www.stuff.tv/desktops/top-ten, and plenty of other sources online state the same.

I'd like to download several free indicators <links removed by moderator>, but the download function, as you know, doesn't work for the Mac, and thats been the case for a long time. I haven't mentioned it before, as I just thought it'd be fixed in time. But years later, its still the case. 

If you're unwilling to provide a proper MT4/MT5 version for the Mac desktop, can you at least please provide an alternative download for your Mac community that works without the need to open MT4/MT5, and works like a normal download you can find everywhere else online please?

Its funny, but if you a provided a proper MT4/MT5 version for the Mac desktop in the first place, you wouldn't have had this download issue to deal with either. 

If you provide an alternative download for your Mac community, I as well as many others in the Mac community, will happily be also able to purchase indicators as well. Think of the extra revenue stream you'll create? Everyone is a winner.

Many thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards. 

There's any workaround that a Mac user can do to acquire products from the MQL5 market?

First of all, Its unacceptable that is not a MT5/MT4 Mac version.  Can't believe it!!

Second, Is it possible to install the 64Bit Version of MT5 using PlayOnMac ?

Reason: