Choose all agents in the tester

(I'm going crazy because of this problem I tried for hours gone through several posts and I didn't achieve anything.)

Simple question: How do I choose all agents in the tester? I can only choose one at the time so only one core does all the processing. I want to use all cores. How do I achieve that?

I've already read that:

"Hi,

If you run only one settings, 1 core will be used.

If you run optimization, all cores will be used. "

but what does that mean? How do I do that?

One setting means- one pair, one set of the customizable fields - one run, no optimization with different field values.

1. General settings - start page

Go to first page of strategy tester and check that optimization is enabled.

Suggested based on real ticks, for one pair/symbol and e.g. lowest DD + profit.

2. Go to the settings tab

Identify one or several variables and configure carefully start value, increment and end value-

Tick them to enable the testing for these fields.

3. check agents

Go to agents tab, potentially enable also network farm and/or cloud service

Check for your own agents, that all of them are enabled and ready to use

or read my blog post in case you disabled certain CPU by accident:

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/666548

CPU usage for testing / Terminal usage / Tweak (disable) certain Cores
CPU usage for testing / Terminal usage / Tweak (disable) certain Cores
  • Lars Rompe
  • www.mql5.com
Motivation: You want to work with the machine (Surfing, Editing Files, no big thing...) while you are performing back testing?This is valid for MT4 and MT5 and also applies to other Windows...

Lars Rompe:

One setting means- one pair, one set of the customizable fields - one run, no optimization with different field values.

1. General settings - start page

Go to first page of strategy tester and check that optimization is enabled.

Suggested based on real ticks, for one pair/symbol and e.g. lowest DD + profit.

2. Go to the settings tab

Identify one or several variables and configure carefully start value, increment and end value-

Tick them to enable the testing for these fields.

3. check agents

Go to agents tab, potentially enable also network farm and/or cloud service

Check for your own agents, that all of them are enabled and ready to use

Thanks. That was very helpful. Is there no multicore calculations done when you do a normal test (so without costumization) because the code isn't made to operate with the advantage of doing it faster with more cores?

Lars Rompe:

or read my blog post in case you disabled certain CPU by accident:

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/666548

imho or as far as I know point one of your post 666548 isn't helpful or misleading because the setting just changes the how many cores will be used by bootup and as far I know it doesn't make a diffrence in start time even if you're running an SSD. And after the boot is done, the setting doesn't matter at all.

freeman_1:

imho or as far as I know point one of your post 666548 isn't helpful or misleading because the setting just changes the how many cores will be used by bootup and as far I know it doesn't make a diffrence in start time even if you're running an SSD. And after the boot is done, the setting doesn't matter at all.

Does #1 solve the prob?

Lars Rompe:
Does #1 solve the prob?

yeah it does actually explain it very well

Grund der Beschwerde: