Discussion of article "How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting" - page 13

Hello, I have changed the account in the Hosting tab but still cannot associate it in MT4. It wants me to pay again/more. What is the right way to get to the existing hosting in a new MT4 account?

Hi,

there are some similar posts but could not find any answer to my problem yet.

I am using MT4 and  have an EA with some Custom Indicator in it (a custom one that I wrote). The EA Works well at the PC Terminal.

I also specified the Custom Indicator file in the EA. (with #property tester_indicator ... .).

After migrating all to VS, things look fine :

But the EA on VS does not perform,  i.e  does not create orders.  When I switch back to the PC Terminal, it creates the orders again and works fine.

Somehow, EA in the VS does not work. CPU usage at 0%..

Service Desk does not accept such queries, as far as I understood.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Rafy

Hi guys,

I have got a monthly vps plan in order to receive alert notifications on my phone even when my computer is off, but it does not seem to be working. As soon as i turn off my computer, none of the alerts shows on my phone even though my vps seems to be connected. Does anyone knows how i can fix this?

Thanks

I am currently subscribe to the VPS. When I Syn my EA with the VPS, the auto trading is uchecked.  Is is normal ? 

ekbatman21:

I am currently subscribe to the VPS. When I Syn my EA with the VPS, the auto trading is uchecked.  Is is normal ? 

In my case not only this is normal, but it must be so, otherwise all the trades are doubled by my local mt5.

I mean: I prepare all the charts, EAs, indicators and so on locally (on my platform in my PC), then I sync with the VPS. After that, I should be able to see all the charts used under my VPS (in the Navigator window). Then, I will right click on each of those charts (the ones under the VPS) and activate "Auto trading" (I have to do so on every chart), so that the VPS can open trades automatically. But in my mt5 platform (in my PC) I have to leave "Auto trading" OFF, otherwise, both VPS and my local platform start opening trades and I would have all the trades doubled. Try it...

I paid for vps hosting yesterday 20 June 2019 for ICMarkets-Live04 server and Account number 572991, I have uninstalled MT4 on 21 June 2019 because of MT4 freezing problems. How can I reactivate the VPS which is already paid for the account and server because after installing again MT4, I dont see the VPS attached to my account.

scalper_bob:

It seems that it will not work with my EAs, which use DLL's, is this correct?

If so, I guess it does not have Administrator privileges.

Can anyone confirm? Is this service planning to expand to full Admin priviledge VPS service? Would be a profitable venture for Metaquotes. Otherwise are limited to EAs that do not use DLL to copy-protect themselves...

Hi 

Although the vps seems to work, why do I only see details and journal on the virtual terminal

Where is the synchronisation, etc ... ?

Is it because I am in the first 24 h demo ?

Thanks

fabio7774:

Hi 

Although the vps seems to work, why do I only see details and journal on the virtual terminal

Where is the synchronisation, etc ... ?

Is it because I am in the first 24 h demo ?

Thanks

If you've made the synchronization correctly, you should be able to see the details in the MQL5 VPS server (right click) >> Journals.

1. Attach your EA on a chart and click the Auto Trading button.

2. Right click on your MQL5 VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

3. Right click on your MQL5 VPS server >> Journals.

4. You should see something like the message below.

If its a signal that you are subscribing to, check the sequence here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/304353#comment_10722226

Thanks for your feedback but the whole point is that I can't see the "Synchronize expert" menu.

It seems working since my ea performed some trades in the night.

Reason: