Taranus - universal Forex assistant, a multi-purpose trading robot that helps a trader to earn on Forex market!
Taranus intended for operation under control of a trader. A trader’s task is to assess the market situation, select the appropriate strategy – the rest is up to the Expert Advisor!
The market is changing: the strategy that was effective yesterday may not be the same today. Trader need to monitor what happens in the market and adjust the Expert Advisor’s operation.
Taranus is designed for experienced traders familiar with the basics of technical analysis.
- can use only pending or only market orders;
- pending orders, trailing pending orders are approaching closer to the price;
- can manage orders opened manually;
- it can operate by one MA, two MAs or Awesome Oscillator and Parabolic SAR;
- additional filters to determine the direction of the trend: Avto_Trend 1 and Avto_Trend 2;
- it can operate without the indicators, if you selected one direction (Buy or Sell);
- for trade on flat there are trade levels, which can run on the breakout and on the bounce;
- automatic trading on the news;
- Trailing Stop by volume;
- closing orders by the percentage of profit/loss;
- opening and closing time of orders (days, hours, minutes, seconds);
- operates on 4- and 5-digit accounts.
Block 1 "GENERAL SETTINGS"
- Magic Number - if several Taranus Expert Advisors are used on one account simultaneously, set an individual magic number for each Expert Advisor.
- Close, if the Profit! - all positions will be closed when account profit is positive.
- Close by Stops! - open positions will close only by stop loss or take profit ignoring indicators’ signals.
- Market orders - Expert Advisor will open market orders only.
Block 2 "RISK MANAGEMENT"
- One order only! - one order and in one direction only.
- AutoStop: - automatic calculation of stop loss and take profit levels.
- coefficient for AutoStop - coefficient 1 - means reading the ATR indicator (14) at H1.
- Take Profit - take profit level in points.
- Stop Loss - stop loss level in points.
- Lots - lot volume, it is set manually.
- Number of orders - restriction on the number of open orders.
- Risk in % - AutoLot calculation - automatic calculation of the volume of the lot.
- Slippage - value of slippage in points.
- Max Profit - remove limitations in profit.
- Profit in % - close orders if the profit is equal to the certain percentage.
- Loss in % - close orders if the loss is equal to the certain percentage.
- Gross Profit - all positions are xlosed and all EAs stop working after a gross profit is reached.
- Gross Loss - all positions are xlosed and all EAs stop working after a gross loss is reached.
- New Start upon opening bar - beginning of a new cycle of the Expert Advisor and recalculation of new values by profit and loss.
Complete Taranus manual, set files, and templates can be found in the Comments section.
2. Now, the moving averages of block 4 "Indicators" do not work with trade levels. When trade levels are enabled, the moving averages are blocked. You can use Auto_Trend 1 and Auto_Trend _2 (one of them or both) as additional filters when working with trade levels.
In this regard, "wait" appears at the bottom of the screen instead of the bottom arrow of the indicators. It will disappear once the forst order is opened.
3. Awesome Oscillator has been removed from block 4 "Indicators". If you need this indicator for filtering out false MA signals, use Auto_Trend 2 on the same timeframe.
4. Now, pending orders will be deleted after the opposite signal from Auto_Trend 2 or moving averages appears (Block 4 "Indicators").
5. When working with trade levels, pending orders will now only be deleted upon bar close confirmation (i.e. Close ).
Under the strategy "Breakout of levels", if the price returns to the channel and the bar closes  inside the channel, pending orders will be deleted, and open positions will be closed. Under the strategy "Bounce off levels" (rollback), if the price returns back outside the channel and the Bar Close is outside the channel, pending orders will be deleted, and open positions will be closed.
6. Conditions of the "Close by Stops!" command with pending orders have changed. When using indicators (not trade levels) pending orders will only be deleted if all indicators will point in the opposite direction. In this case, open position (as before) will only be closed by stop loss or take profit.
7. However, when using trade levels, if the command "Close by Stops!" is on, pending orders will be deleted and open positions will be closed only when the price crosses the opposite trade level, and a signal to open an order in the opposite direction appear. In this case, it does not matter where the trend arrows are directed, if at this moment you use Auto_Trend 1 or Auto_Trend 2 together with trade levels.
8. When using three pointer arrows (Auto_Trend 1, Auto_Trend 2 and Indicators) the signal to enter the market (to place pending orders) will only appear when all three arrows point in the same direction! The same is true for order closure! All three arrows!!! (not two as before) must point in the opposite direction in order to close orders.
9. Operation of Auto_Trend 1 has changed. Now the arrow points at Buy or Sell only after bar Close above or below the trend MA Auto_Trend 1.
10. "One order only!" will not work for market orders now. Since the work of market orders has changed, there is no need to use this command with market orders. The "One order only!" command can still be used for pending orders.
11. Take profit should not be zero and should be greater than 0, otherwise the Expert Advisor will not work.
12. In order to avoid conflicts between Taranus and other Expert Advisors, Taranus creates a separate folder inside Files МetaТrader 4 in order to save its files.
14. Expert Advisor setup guide has been updated. The guide can be downloaded from the Comments section.
14. New sets of files and templates for the new version of Taranus 5.1 are available in the Comments section.