Taranus is a universal Forex assistant, a multi-purpose trading robot that helps in trading on the Forex market!
The Taranus EA is intended for operation under trader's control, and not designed for long-term autonomous operation. The trader’s task is to assess the market situation, select the appropriate strategy – the rest is up to the Expert Advisor.
The market is changing: a strategy that was effective yesterday may not be the same today. Trader needs to monitor what happens in the market and adjust the Expert Advisor’s operation.
Taranus is designed for experienced traders familiar with the basics of technical analysis.
- 3 operation modes: only pending orders, only market orders or pending and market orders simultaneously;
- pending orders are trailed closer to the price;
- it can manage orders opened manually;
- it can operate based on one MA, two MAs or Awesome Oscillator and Parabolic SAR;
- additional filters for determining the trend direction: AutoTrend 1 and AutoTrend 2;
- it can operate without the indicators, if you selected one direction (Buy or Sell);
- for trade during the flats there are trade levels, which can be used for trading both the breakouts and rebounds;
- automatic news trading;
- three trailing stop types: simple trailing stop, total trailing stop and mobile stop loss;
- four trailing stop operation modes: by points, by High/Low, by fractals, by volumes;
- closing orders by the percentage of profit/loss;
- opening and closing orders by time (days, hours, minutes, seconds);
- works on accounts with 4- and 5-digit quotes;
- currency of the current account can be either US dollars (USD) or Russian rubles (RUR).
Block 1 «GENERAL SETTINGS»
- Magic Number - if multiple experts work on the account simultaneously, set an individual magic number for each of them.
- Positions: - select the trading direction: Long&Short, Long or Short.
- Close by Stops - the EA will ignore indicator signals and close all positions only by stop loss or take profit.
- Close, if the profit - if the Profit value is positive, the EA will close all orders and stop its operation.
- Language info panel: - selection of the language, English or Russian.
Block 2 «RISK MANAGEMENT»
- One order only! - one order and in one direction only. After the order is closed, the EA will wait for a signal in the opposite direction.
- AutoStop: - automatic calculation of stop loss and take profit based on the market volatility.
- coefficient for AutoStop - coefficient 1 means values of the ATR (14) indicator on Н1.
- Take Profit - take profit value.
- Stop Loss - stop loss value.
- Lots - fixed lot size.
- Number of orders - limit on the number of orders opened by the EA.
- Risk in % - AutoLot calculation - automatic calculation of lot size.
- Max Profit - remove limitations on profit, the EA will work without stopping.
- Profit in % - profit percentage by equity, when reached the EA will close all positions and stop its operation.
- Loss in % - limitation on loss percentage by equity, when reached the EA will close all positions and stop its operation.
- Gross Profit - when the gross profit percentage is reached, all positions on the account will be closed and all EAs will stop their operation.
- Gross Loss - when the gross loss percentage is reached, all positions on the account will be closed and all EAs will stop their operation.
- New Start upon opening bar - start of a new operation cycle of the EA, and recalculation of new profit and loss values.
- Slippage - slippage in points.
The complete guide to the Taranus EA, the .set files and templates can be found in the Comments section.
2. Added the mode for working with combined orders, i.e. pending and market orders simultaneously.
3. Calculation of the Autolot is now based on Balance and not on Equity as it was before.
4. "Risk in % - AutoLot calculation" is now also divided by the specified number of orders.
5. Canceled the mandatory stop loss. Now, if you set stop loss = 0, the order will also have stop loss = 0.
6. Partially changed the tactics for placing and removing pending orders.
7. Trailing stop of pending orders is now blocked, if an open order is present.
8. Implemented additional "slowing" parameter for AutoTrend 1 - indicator sensitivity level, the higher the value the slower AutoTrend 1 reacts.
9. In addition to the conventional trailing stop, added a general trailing stop and mobile stop loss.
10. Trailing stop can now operate in four modes: by points, by High/Low, by fractals, by volumes.
11. Changed the operation of AutoTrend 1. Now orders can be opened by AutoTrend 1 only if other indicators are enabled or only one direction is selected (Long or Short).
12. Changed the time settings in block 9 "News trading". It is possible to set the number of seconds before the news, and the number of minutes after the news.
13. Added a lower arrow pointer to the chart (for "Indicators: and "Trading levels"), which shows the direction of the open order. If there are no open orders the arrow is located horizontally.
14. Added a caption near to the lower arrow, which shows the indicator the EA currently uses for operation.
2. Now, the moving averages of block 4 "Indicators" do not work with trade levels. When trade levels are enabled, the moving averages are blocked. You can use Auto_Trend 1 and Auto_Trend _2 (one of them or both) as additional filters when working with trade levels.
In this regard, "wait" appears at the bottom of the screen instead of the bottom arrow of the indicators. It will disappear once the forst order is opened.
3. Awesome Oscillator has been removed from block 4 "Indicators". If you need this indicator for filtering out false MA signals, use Auto_Trend 2 on the same timeframe.
4. Now, pending orders will be deleted after the opposite signal from Auto_Trend 2 or moving averages appears (Block 4 "Indicators").
5. When working with trade levels, pending orders will now only be deleted upon bar close confirmation (i.e. Close ).
Under the strategy "Breakout of levels", if the price returns to the channel and the bar closes  inside the channel, pending orders will be deleted, and open positions will be closed. Under the strategy "Bounce off levels" (rollback), if the price returns back outside the channel and the Bar Close is outside the channel, pending orders will be deleted, and open positions will be closed.
6. Conditions of the "Close by Stops!" command with pending orders have changed. When using indicators (not trade levels) pending orders will only be deleted if all indicators will point in the opposite direction. In this case, open position (as before) will only be closed by stop loss or take profit.
7. However, when using trade levels, if the command "Close by Stops!" is on, pending orders will be deleted and open positions will be closed only when the price crosses the opposite trade level, and a signal to open an order in the opposite direction appear. In this case, it does not matter where the trend arrows are directed, if at this moment you use Auto_Trend 1 or Auto_Trend 2 together with trade levels.
8. When using three pointer arrows (Auto_Trend 1, Auto_Trend 2 and Indicators) the signal to enter the market (to place pending orders) will only appear when all three arrows point in the same direction! The same is true for order closure! All three arrows!!! (not two as before) must point in the opposite direction in order to close orders.
9. Operation of Auto_Trend 1 has changed. Now the arrow points at Buy or Sell only after bar Close above or below the trend MA Auto_Trend 1.
10. "One order only!" will not work for market orders now. Since the work of market orders has changed, there is no need to use this command with market orders. The "One order only!" command can still be used for pending orders.
11. Take profit should not be zero and should be greater than 0, otherwise the Expert Advisor will not work.
12. In order to avoid conflicts between Taranus and other Expert Advisors, Taranus creates a separate folder inside Files МetaТrader 4 in order to save its files.
14. Expert Advisor setup guide has been updated. The guide can be downloaded from the Comments section.
14. New sets of files and templates for the new version of Taranus 5.1 are available in the Comments section.