Aint No Trend
Ain't No Trend is a neural advisor trained to trade with 15 symbols: AUDUSD, CADJPY, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY, USDNOK, USDSEK, USDSGD, XAUUSD (or GOLD).
If your symbols have a suffix (ex: EURUSD_i), you should set the value of Suffix accordingly. Otherwise the advisor will not work.The advisor uses target levels incorporated in its body. You cannot change them because they were part of the training process. You can set your stoploss.
You can only test 1 symbol at a time in the Strategy tester of MT4 (unlike MT5 which allows a multi-symbol test). AUDUSD or GBPUSD generate each 10 trades or more in a year, while USDCHF and other symbols generate much fewer trades. You should remember about the multi-symbol trading of this advisor, which is only available in the Live mode in MT4. So the 15 symbols generate together more trades in a year.
The advisor Ain't No Trend uses an H4 timeframe. Your timeframe does not matter, it has no impact on the advisor.
Start the advisor in one chart. Regardless of the symbol of your current chart, the advisor trades all symbols from one chart.
The average number of trades per month is 8.
The advisor Ain't No Trend works with MACD and an indicator of the ongoing move which I developed for this strategy. There are 3 types of trades: a crossing of zero line in MACD chart (comment "c"), a double crossing of zero line in MACD chart (comment "cc") and a rollback from a bar peak in MACD chart (comment "r-in" or "r-out"). The neural networks were trained so that they filter possible trades according to visually important indicator properties (crossings, number of peaks) and a ratio of current values to maximum values found in the history.
Properties of the Advisor
Fontsize - set a smaller value if the strings get off the advisor panel.
Info - information on target values in the advisor interface.
Push notifications - notifications about new trades to be sent the MT5 application on your smartphone. Check the MT5 manual to set up.
Close anytime profit (%) - closes a common positive profit (percent of balance). All trades whose current common profit reaches the value are closed immediately.
Close losing trades (days) - closes losing trades. The value is a number of days after which this trade is yet not profitable. There should be at least 2 current trades, one losing and the other winning, and their common profit positive. The idea is to close losing trades and compensate them with winning trades.
Suffix - set your suffix according to the symbols in your terminal. Example: suffix _i for EURUSD_i. Leave empty for no suffix.
Stoploss - stoploss for symbols.
Stoploss XAUUSD (GOLD) - stoploss for gold.
Volume - volume for one trade. Set a fixed value (ex: 0.01) or a percentage of equity (ex: 0.02%). The advisor prints the actual value of volume in the "Experts" tab upon start or restart. Always use a fixed value for cent accounts or accounts denominated in bitcoins, roubles, yuans etc (that is, not in USD).
Volume XAUUSD (GOLD) - volume for GOLD. Same explanation as for the previous property.
A Comment about Different Trades
The advisor Ain't No Trend works with major price fluctuations. It means that usually it opens similar trades with different brokers. However, trades may differ sometimes. This is due to the precision of calculation of the neural networks of the advisor, which includes 6 digits after dot, while price quotes of different brokers always differ somewhat. This is normal, and trading results will be similar in the long run.
2. Other small corrections
2. A new indicator of the ongoing move, which I developed all by myself for this strategy. This new indicator has replaced the RSI indicator.
3. Now 3 dimensions of the MACD indicator, and each type of trade of each symbol works with its own dimension of the MACD indicator.
4. A new calculation of volumes.
5. A new calculation of the number of peaks in a single sequence of bars.
6. A new "zero" function which determines whether any one trade has reached its profitability goal.
2. I fixed the error of making the comment uppercase, which could lead to skipping open positions.
3. I changed a few values in the training. Now the order goes like so: training July 2006 - June 2019, test period July 2019 - June 2020. A completely new trading of the advisor still starts on July 1st 2020.
2. Plus 2 new symbols: CADJPY, USDSGD.
3. I decreased the volume to 0.025%, I recomment you click "Reset" upon start of the new advisor.
2. New rules for compensating losing trades
3. A new type of trade called "r-in" in addition to the existing "r-out", so more trades from now on
2. New 4-year training which is now the default training period.
3. New recommended sets (see the description)
2. I added push notifications to be activated with a property "Push notifcations". Check MT4 manual to properly set it up.