This system was developed to work with a large number of sets and after a certain time showed itself well when working at the close of trading on Friday. As a result, this direction of trading has become the main one for working with this expert. There are 25 current sets for different currency pairs, which you can download in the comment thread, as well as a profile for quick setup. You can analyze the statistics of the work of an expert for different currency pairs at my signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/395124. Also in the comment branch are other links to the signal for analysis. Measure statistics on a live signal, as the strategy tester will not give you real transactions, due to the specific trading time of this strategy. The Expert Advisor is well adapted to spread jumps and uses them to its advantage, this is achieved due to the fact that the Expert Advisor has been corrected for 2 years now based on statistics and analysis of a live account, and not backtests.
Highlights to pay attention to
1. During live operation of the expert the GMT offset parameter is determined automatically based on local time of the computer (GMT_Offset_AUTO=true).
This parameter provides synchronization of the expert settings with the MetaTrader 4 server time.
To ensure the correctness of settings it is necessary:
- to compare the GMT time in expert information area on the chart of currency pair, to which the expert is attached, with http://time.is/GMT (or other reliable source).
- If the values do not match, then set GMT_Offset_AUTO=false and set a value of GMT_Offset_Manual according to the instructions in https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/682539
2. In order to activate the News filter function, enable "Allow WebRequest" and add https://sslecal2.forexprostools.com/ to the URL list for WebRequest.
To do this, open Tools > Options > Expert Advisors. Check the option "Allow WebRequests for listed URL:". Add https://sslecal2.forexprostools.com/ and click OK.
The EA contains a news archive (01.01.2019 - 31.12.2019), which is used for testing.
3. By default, in the expert settings, the trading lot size is set to 0.01 for every 100 units of balance.
After testing on real accounts this parameter can be changed depending on your preferences. I recommend using a fixed lot (Use_Fix_Lots) or a recovery money management (Use_MM_Reg_1 or Use_MM_Reg_2).
4. The expert works on any timeframe equally well, as it automatically takes the necessary data from multiple timeframes.
As the expert uses multiple timeframes for the analysis, it is necessary for the quotes of all timeframes (M1, M15, M30, H1, H4) to be downloaded in the terminal for testing. At the same time, the test itself is produced on the M1 timeframe.
5. For brokers with the rule "First In First Out" enable the parameter FIFO_MODE = true.
6. The EA logs information on spread, slippage and other useful information when performing trades, and also when it is possible to make trades.
To write this information, set the parameter Record_Deals = true;
To view this information:
- go to MQL4/Files in the terminal folder and open the corresponding file (this action can be made in time which is not coinciding with time of opening of transactions by the expert and when there is no open transactions of the expert);
- after viewing, close the file (so that the expert could write down information further).
7. If you use an expert on different currency pairs, then there is no need to change the magic numbers ("magics"), since the expert identifies the transactions simultaneously by magic number and by currency pair.
The full list of parameters can be found in the blog: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/695169
Number_Minutes_and_Closing_Medium_Bar - the number of minutes from the opening of trading on Monday, after which the position will be closed if the price is not lower than the average value (0 - disabled);
"Minimum_Pips_at_Profit" - the minimum number of profit points for closing a positive transaction;
"Close_Loss_only_by_SL" - closing of negative trades only by StopLoss (virtual or real).
2) The news history for the strategy tester replaced by 2019 ("NewsFilter").
2) The news history for the strategy tester is updated until May 19, 2019 ("NewsFilter").
2) The history of news for the strategy tester is updated to December 31, 2017 ("NewsFilter").
==== STRATEGY ====
Breach_else_Channel - if "true", then the "Breach" strategy is used; if "false", then the "Channel" strategy is used;
Use_Block_A - enable/disable block A;
Parametr_A_1 - parameter A1 for optimizing block A (range of values: from 1 to 25);
Parametr_A_2 - parameter A2 for optimizing block A (range of values: from 1 to 25);
Use_Block_B - enable/disable block B;
Parametr_B_1 - parameter B1 for optimizing block B (range of values: from 1 to 25);
Parametr_B_2 - parameter B2 for optimizing block B (range of values: from 1 to 25);
==== TIMING ====
GMT_Open_Trade_Hour - hour to start opening trades, GMT;
GMT_Open_Trade_Minute - minute to start opening trades, GMT;
Period_Open_in_minute - time duration for opening trades in minutes;
GMT_Open_Pause_Hour - hour to start a pause in opening trades, GMT;
GMT_Open_Pause_Minute - minute to start a pause in opening trades, GMT;
Period_Pause_in_minute - pause duration in minutes
Sunday_Trade - enable trading on Sunday;
Monday_Trade - enable trading on Monday;
Tuesday_Trade - enable trading on Tuesday;
Wednesday_Trade - enable trading on Wednesday;
Thursday_Trade - enable trading on Thursday;
Friday_Trade - enable trading on Friday;
2. Loaded a news archive (01.01.2015 - 20.08.2017) for testing with the news filter enabled:
Use_NewsFilter - use the news filter;
Pass_of_News_else_Trade_at_News - if "true", do not open trades in the specified time intervals with news; if "false", open trades only at the specified time intervals with news;
2) Field for entering dates for skipping.