ATTENTION GUYS

hello guys am currently reading books on MQL4 to createy own EA and I have some questions to ask. first, I read where EA don't work when your computer are disconnected from the internet is this true? it means we have to be connected to the internet before our EA work. secondly, can EA work on mobile MT4 platform or only on the pc platform thirdly, is there difference between MQL4 and MQL5. I will love to hear from you all.

Kanu Nkechi Sonia:
hello guys am currently reading books on MQL4 to createy own EA and I have some questions to ask. first, I read where EA don't work when your computer are disconnected from the internet is this true? it means we have to be connected to the internet before our EA work. secondly, can EA work on mobile MT4 platform or only on the pc platform thirdly, is there difference between MQL4 and MQL5. I will love to hear from you all.

Yes the EAs will not work if your EA is not working on a platform that is connected 24/7, this can be solved by VPS.

And no there is no EAs working on mobiles, MQL4 ls functional programming, and MQL5 is Object Oriented Programming.

We Do believe that you will need to learn other programming languages in order to make real EAs that work. and produce money. 

PCWalker:

Yes the EAs will not work if your EA is not working on a platform that is connected 24/7, this can be solved by VPS.

And no there is no EAs working on mobiles, MQL4 ls functional programming, and MQL5 is Object Oriented Programming.

We Do believe that you will need to learn other programming languages in order to make real EAs that work. and produce money. 

let me correct PCWalker.  There is no difference between MQL4 and MQL5.  There are additional functions in MQL4 that are not in MQL5, and vice versa.  There are some very insightful articles written on mql5.com, just search them.  You do not have to learn other languages to make an EA.  MQL4, and MQL5 are based on C#, so you are basically learning C# when you are programming.  The more you code the more you learn. 

Kaleem Haider:

let me correct PCWalker.  There is no difference between MQL4 and MQL5.  There are additional functions in MQL4 that are not in MQL5, and vice versa.  There are some very insightful articles written on mql5.com, just search them.  You do not have to learn other languages to make an EA.  MQL4, and MQL5 are based on C#, so you are basically learning C# when you are programming.  The more you code the more you learn. 

Thank you for your correction, So tell me how can you program dynamic structured programming in MQL4, Can you show me of a working profitable dynamic structured MQL4/5 code?

I hope you know what is Dynamic programming. 

please can you enlighten me how the internet connectivity can be solved using VPS please.

Kanu Nkechi Sonia:
please can you enlighten me how the internet connectivity can be solved using VPS please.
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/595
Forex VPS by Fozzy Inc.
Forex VPS by Fozzy Inc.
  • //www.mql5.com/en/users/MetaQuotes">
  • www.mql5.com
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a service whereby the user is provided with a so-called virtual private server. Virtual server emulates the operation of the standard physical server. This physical server has several virtual servers configured on it which share its resources.
Reason: