Libraries: MT4Orders - page 3

The library is five years old.

The achievements of the library can be read here by selecting the desired language for translation.

Results.

• Open source and freely redistributable source code.
  • The easiest to learn and use trading library (from public) for MetaTrader 5. Does not require its own documentation.
  • Allowed some authors to write articles on the practical application of machine learning and other trading techniques without difficulty.
  • Simplified the transition from backtesting robots to combat versions.
  • Highest reliability of any hedge account solution.
  • High performance for live trading accounts and backtests.
  • Made it easier to work with the trading history and control the quality of execution of trade orders: slippage, rejections.
  • Cross-platform (MetaTrader family).
  • Fully translated into English by MetaQuotes.
  • She attracted a large number of programmers to the corresponding section of the MQL-Community (one of the world's largest trader-community).
  • Provided tens of thousands of Market sales and Freelance work.
  • Huge contribution to the popularization of MetaTrader 5 and services related to the trading platform.
  • Allowed to create reproducible reports on errors in the trading part of the platform, prompting them to fix them.
  • It greatly influenced the acceleration of the trading part of the platform (client and server parts).
  • Identified errors / flaws and weaknesses in third-party brokerage software and platform settings on the part of admins.
  • Library-based products have made millions of transactions with a  total turnover of about USD trillion  .
  • Contributed to the mass segment of algorithmic trading.
  • Has advanced scalping and multicurrency trading methods by simply switching to the MetaTrader 5 trading strategy tester.
  • Influenced the development of the retail-Forex industry and related industries.
  • Demonstrated the possibility of writing the most convenient (mass) unified trading API based on various third-party trading APIs.

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and suggested improvements.  Special thanks to MetaQuotes.
Торговый оборот в триллион USD и другие достижения библиотеки за пять лет.
Торговый оборот в триллион USD и другие достижения библиотеки за пять лет.
  • www.mql5.com
Для MetaTrader 5 написана торговая библиотека MT4Orders . Начиналось так. // Список изменений: // 03.08.2016: //   Релиз - писался и проверялся только на оффлайн-тестере. Сегодня библиотеке

fxsaber:

• Influenced the development of the retail-Forex industry and related industries.

Good!

fxsaber #:
The latest version is always here.

One of the popular brokers has removed part of the trading history from all trading accounts of its clients. Therefore, many users have encountered that the library issues warnings due to an incorrect history on the trade server.

This issue has been fixed in the latest release.

Download the latest version of the library from the Russian-language page.

I have quick question regarding partial closes.

In MT4, closing 0.01 lots of a 0.1 lot order results in the original ticket being closed with a 0.01 lot size and the order comment of that partially-closed order changes to "to: xxxxxx". At the same time, a new, 0.09 lot order is opened with the comment set to "from: xxxxxx".

That doesn't seem to be happening in MT5 (at least, OrdersToString() lists no order comment text for the open or closed portions) so I can't follow the chain of partial closes as I normally would.

Do you have a snippet of MT4Orders-compatible code you can share, or can you explain how I can do it reliably?

SysFX #:

I have quick question regarding partial closes.

In MT4, closing 0.01 lots of a 0.1 lot order results in the original ticket being closed with a 0.01 lot size and the order comment of that partially-closed order changes to "to: xxxxxx". At the same time, a new, 0.09 lot order is opened with the comment set to "from: xxxxxx".

That doesn't seem to be happening in MT5 (at least, OrdersToString() lists no order comment text for the open or closed portions) so I can't follow the chain of partial closes as I normally would.

Do you have a snippet of MT4Orders-compatible code you can share, or can you explain how I can do it reliably?

Example.

fxsaber #:

Example.

That's perfect! ...thanks for the quick response :)

Hi @fxsaber thanks a lot for providing that library, awesome! 👏👏👏

Do you think you could publish it on GitHub or any other Git provider? This way we could always have automated access to the last revision via version control.

It may even get contributions :o)

What do you think?

Cheers!!

Tpot #:

Hi @fxsaber thanks a lot for providing that library, awesome! 👏👏👏

Thanks you.

Do you think you could publish it on GitHub or any other Git provider? This way we could always have automated access to the last revision via version control.

Unfortunately, I am not ready to provide such support. The main examples of use in the Russian thread of the library and on my blog.

fxsaber #:

Thanks you.

Unfortunately, I am not ready to provide such support. The main examples of use in the Russian thread of the library and on my blog.

Thanks for answering @fxsaber 

I see. I was not referring to usage, but to keep it under version control with Git, so that the code and revisions could be properly tracked :)

It seems that the file is already on GitHub: https://github.com/yiliuyan161/convert_mql4_to_mql5/blob/main/src/main/resources/static/file/MT4Orders.mqh

but it would be nice if you (the original author) keep it there under your profile for any future update, so all users would have the ability to pull potential changes =) --and even automate that process :))

Regards!

convert_mql4_to_mql5/MT4Orders.mqh at main · yiliuyan161/convert_mql4_to_mql5
convert_mql4_to_mql5/MT4Orders.mqh at main · yiliuyan161/convert_mql4_to_mql5
  • yiliuyan161
  • github.com
This file contains bidirectional Unicode text that may be interpreted or compiled differently than what appears below. To review, open the file in an editor that reveals hidden Unicode characters. Learn more about bidirectional Unicode characters

Tpot #:

I was not referring to usage, but to keep it under version control with Git, so that the code and revisions could be properly tracked :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm far from programmer's toolkit. I'm too old for that kind of enthusiasm.

Reason: