How much time took you to become profitable in forex?

• 11% (4)
  • 16% (6)
  • 22% (8)
  • 46% (17)
  • 5% (2)
Total voters: 37

it depends on your discipline,skills,patience and ofcourse upgrade yourself.

Sherif Hasan:
it depends on your discipline,skills,patience and ofcourse upgrade yourself.
How long did it take you to be profitable?

Alejandro Cuartas:

It took me about 6 or 7. I wasted over a years times because i did not know how horribly disadvantaged I was by living in the United States (which restricted me to FIFO and low leverage accounts). The second thing i was involved in another business venture that spent most of my free time with. Lastly, i worked a job that requires about 50-60 hour per week..........not to mention i have a family (wife and 4 kids). Soooooo, if these roadblocks did not exist, i could have probably made an expert level at 2 years. However i am happy for them as well, because my trade strategies have evolved from a lot of loss and pain in trying to deal with shortcuts (i bought many EA's and subscribed to many signals who accounts blew). I dont regret anything because in the end, i have learned a lot. 

Started to look at price movement in august, made the first profit of 200-400$ a day on february that follows, lost it all a couple of days later, made a strategy by may and june, earned hell of a lot of money per day "500-700$" then kept on and on for days until i lost everything in july same year, focused on how to exit and started the year that follows and until now im profitable but im moving like a snale on the highway so i guess im happy with what im doing since i don't have the big losses anymore "6 months now clear of account wipe-outs but profit is too slow"

I would say 2 years and 6 months to reach that far

During exactly 2 years i didn't work at all was all researching forex and trying to build a strategy 

Word of advice don't start until you KILL your greed first

Alejandro Cuartas:

What about you? its been two years now since you started the topic

SafMoseSteve:

What about you? its been two years now since you started the topic

I'm focused full time in college and work so i don't dedicate much time in forex actually

Alejandro Cuartas:
  • 11% Less than 6 months
    (4)
  • 16% Less than a year
    (6)
  • 22% 1 - 2 Years
    (8)
  • 46% More than 2 years
    (17)
  • 5% Comment to specify
    (2)

It took me 12 years, 99% of what you read online is fake with no results, real money results $$$ not 10.000 % a year and he makes only 1000 $, show me you make big money on real brokers.

Radu Bot:

show me you make big money on real brokers.

Hello Radu Bot

I never got the chance to ask someone who has more than 5 years of experience in trading, did you make lots of money already and how much was your balance when you started to trade with the proper experience?

Radu Bot:

It took me 12 years, 99% of what you read online is fake with no results, real money results $$$ not 10.000 % a year and he makes only 1000 $, show me you make big money on real brokers.

True, most of the online info is people selling courses, affiliate links, book, etc

Reason: