Indicators: Renko - page 2

I tried using it with an EA, but it makes EA run about 50-100 times slower than without it. :|

And now it crashed my EA. 

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to use the indicator so to have a mix of Heikin Ashi and Renko like I have seen many people doing (Spartan Renko EA??)?

Thanks for any help!

Tidzap:

Good indicator but there is an error with the red boxes. At times, the indicator draws 2 red boxes instead of 1 box (the indicator never draws 1 only red box).

The problem of drawing more than one box at a time is inherent in Renko when the size of the box is too small for the trading volume and volatility.  The box will remain constant but if there is a gap in the prices or if the price movement in the 1 minute that the program takes to get back to writing the box, then more than one box will appear at the same time.

This is not technically a mistake in Renko, it is the mechanics of how frequently the program writes the boxes.

There is never a gap in Renko boxes, if the price does gap in reality then Renko fills in boxes to span the gap so that have no matching trades.  This is why looking back at Renko trading is useless for assessing profitability.  Only forward testing with live data will really tell you what the profitability will be. 

MT4 writes the Renko boxes every minute according to othesr. I am not sure about that as you can watch the box formation if you have the Ask line showing.  In other programs with live data the box formation does not have a time lag. 

Hi

I needed a Heiken-Ashi-Renko indicator, that is, the Heikein-Ashi calculated on Renko-Candlaes. I needed the mt5 file ... Does anyone know how to help me?

Thank's

You can check the Market. Sergey Deev has a number of Renko and indicators plotted to the Renko chart.  If there is nothing you want there you could try Freelancers to even send Sergey a private message to get a recommendation.

All his Renko indicators are on live charts. I use them every day.

Any way to get buy and sell arrows on the chart for this?

Sometimes it produces error when I am trying to add it in chart:

renko (EURCAD,D1) Failed to copy history data for the Ì1 time frame. Error #4003

Alas not a true Renko :( ... uses the same number of bars for a day as OHLC
Reason: