Must an EA trade to become signal provider?

or i can trade by manual?

or both? 

i see when creat a signal, you must give an acc number , investor password, broker name.

so you can use ea or manual trade on this acc.

codeidea:

or both? 

You can provide signal service with manual trading. There are several signal provider who provide signal service based on manual trade.

Use MQL5 search and serach in signal section, like this https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=manual&module=mql5_module_signals

I think subscriber, Only care profitable with low risk Trading strategy 

Just my 2 cents  

if I use an *old* account, what is the init deposit value in the  signal subscribe page? 

is it my account   init deposit or it is balance  when I become the provider ?

codeidea:

if I use an *old* account, what is the init deposit value in the  signal subscribe page? 

I'm not so sure I know the correct answer of this, so you better ask this question to service desk, and tell us here what is their answer ;)

Common sense is, it's the balance at the time one become a signal provider, not the previous historical trade before becoming signal provider.

codeidea:

In my case, Oanda-MT4 truncates the history to the last 3 months.  The Initial Deposit used are all History records where the comment is Balance or Balance update. Hence, I only have -0.92 in initial deposit.  Subsequent Deposits and Withdrawals are from interest (swap) received and paid respectively.  Balance and Equity are always the current values.

I think they could improve here by making Initial Deposit as the current Balance when the Signal started and zero out the trades until new one are executed thereafter.  This way historical records alwasy start from when the Signal was started. 

codeidea:

or both? 

I think You can use both

codeidea:

or both? 

It is up to you: use it for yourself, or sell it. As to me so I prefer to use the signal other then to buy "black box" namely "your EA" for example :)

I think trade Ea can provider because EA is yourself install and wirte code
Reason: