How to join two charts in MT5

Hi everyone.

I've seen at my friend, that he has some kind of web browser platform, forgot the name...which enables for instance to open 2 charts of EURUSD one D1 and on H1 positioned side by side. All this can be done in MT5 the sames way. But he has the feature which somehow connects/integrates both charts. So when he moves the cursor (crosshair) up and down the price on price chart on H1 the cursors on D1 moves accordingly. Does anyone know if this is possible in MT5, or which platforms support this feature.

Many thanks in advance, best regards

arcull:

Hi everyone.

I've seen at my friend, that he has some kind of web browser platform, forgot the name...which enables for instance to open 2 charts of EURUSD one D1 and on H1 positioned side by side. All this can be done in MT5 the sames way. But he has the feature which somehow connects/integrates both charts. So when he moves the cursor (crosshair) up and down the price on price chart on H1 the cursors on D1 moves accordingly. Does anyone know if this is possible in MT5, or which platforms support this feature.

Many thanks in advance, best regards

Almost all is possible with MT5, but it needs to be coded. So either you find something existing either you ask someone to code it for you.

Such feature is not standard in MT5.

Alain Verleyen:

Almost all is possible with MT5, but it needs to be coded. So either you find something existing either you ask someone to code it for you.

Such feature is not standard in MT5.

Thanks for feedback. Well I don't consider my self an expert in MQL5 coding, but I've done quite a lot of EAs and indicators which included using external DLL sources, so I have some "feeling" how to do it so to speak ;) however in this case I really don't know how could I start, what would be the correct approach, since everything that you code in MQL5 is related to the chart using that EA for instance... so don't know how would I connect two of them without modifying/extending the source (don't know if possible at all). The only idea that comes to my mind is creating an object on the heap which could be accessible by multiple charts....But still the problem with crosshair remains, don't think you can extend the class, so I should use some horizontal line or something similar to simulate this behaveour.

So I agree with you that a lot is possible, but it all comes down to trouble/gain ratio. I mean it may be wiser to choose another platform for this, or choose broker which supports both.

However I appreciate any further info you can provide, best regards,

arcull:

Thanks for feedback. Well I don't consider my self an expert in MQL5 coding, but I've done quite a lot of EAs and indicators which included using external DLL sources, so I have some "feeling" how to do it so to speak ;) however in this case I really don't know how could I start, what would be the correct approach, since everything that you code in MQL5 is related to the chart using that EA for instance... so don't know how would I connect two of them without modifying/extending the source (don't know if possible at all). The only idea that comes to my mind is creating an object on the heap which could be accessible by multiple charts....But still the problem with crosshair remains, don't think you can extend the class, so I should use some horizontal line or something similar to simulate this behaveour.

So I agree with you that a lot is possible, but it all comes down to trouble/gain ratio. I mean it may be wiser to choose another platform for this, or choose broker which supports both.

However I appreciate any further info you can provide, best regards,

With OnChartEvent().

Alain Verleyen:
With OnChartEvent().

Thanks, yes you are right OnChartEvent would probably a good start. Inside it I could check if ID equals to CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE and then implement some logic to move some horizontal line on it, however there is still connection between the charts that is missing, maybe acessing a common object, reading from file,etc., but still this chart should then manually be put on all charts with same currency pair.

Argh...no no, you're probably right it may be achieved, but it sucks already now, without coding ;) Will search for different platform, which has this feature built in by default.

Thank for valuable input, appreciate it, best regards.

Obviously it can be very well done ;)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/4709/page2

While this was posted a few years ago, no download link works anymore. So if anyone has it or knows where to get it or the author can be contacted, it would be really great. Thanks again.

Crosshairs
Crosshairs
  • reviews: 1
  • www.mql5.com
Shows Crosshairs synchronously on all open charts over various time frames.
Reason: