Downloading Historic data from MetaQuotes, will timezones get mixed with broker's when they differ?

Hello everyone!

Most brokers don't offer rich amount of historic data, mostly they stick with few months of data if we're talking about 5 minute candles.

Luckily metatrader offers to download more historic data too see futher into past just by pressying f2, selecting symbol and clicking download.

It got me thinking, when I have my broker's candles in database and I will download MetaQuotes ones

if the candles timezone's differ, what would happen?

Will metatrader convert MetaQuotes candle's into my broker candle's timezone or would that mean if I want for example use the forex calendar and want to look up 2014 events,
in order for chart to make sense, i must convert the forex calendar timezone to MetaQuotes one?

In case it is as complicated as it, what is the timezone for MetaQuotes candles?

Thanks!

meiti:

Hello everyone!

Most brokers don't offer rich amount of historic data, mostly they stick with few months of data if we're talking about 5 minute candles.

Luckily metatrader offers to download more historic data too see futher into past just by pressying f2, selecting symbol and clicking download.

It got me thinking, when I have my broker's candles in database and I will download MetaQuotes ones

if the candles timezone's differ, what would happen?

Will metatrader convert MetaQuotes candle's into my broker candle's timezone or would that mean if I want for example use the forex calendar and want to look up 2014 events,
in order for chart to make sense, i must convert the forex calendar timezone to MetaQuotes one?

In case it is as complicated as it, what is the timezone for MetaQuotes candles?

Thanks!

You should get a warning when you decide to download data from MQ.

Load of Historical Data

It is possible to load quotes for basic currency pairs starting with year 1999 from the historical data server. To do it, it is necessary to select the desired symbol and press "Download".

Attention: The loaded data can differ from historical data stored on the broker's trade server.

Upon pressing the button, data of M1 timeframe will be loaded. Other timeframes will be automatically recalculated from М1. At that, the time of the downloaded data will be automatically recalculated according to the active account time zone.

Reason: