MT4 History Center – Double click symbol vs Download button and what actually is used?

Hi,

On History Center, I notice that for example in EURUSD the M1 was not lighted (the green-yellow icon on the left). However I could see the EURUSD M1 chart. So why the EURUSD M1 was not lighted?

I double click the M1 in History Center, now it is lighted and it seems there is no difference on chart (I do not thorough check every tick). So what is the difference between lighted or no lighted symbol on History Center?

Now about download button. I read from documentation that by pressing it you can download historical data server and there is an “Attention: The loaded data can differ from historical data stored on the broker's trade server.”

So, by pressing it I will loose my broker data and my charts will be drawn on historical data? Then for new ticks from my broker what data I will see in my charts? Combination of old historical and new from my broker?

If I press the download button can somehow revert it to be sure that I see actual broker data?

Thanks

doorWindows:

I double click the M1 in History Center, now it is lighted and it seems there is no difference on chart (I do not thorough check every tick). So what is the difference between lighted or no lighted symbol on History Center?

So, by pressing it I will loose my broker data and my charts will be drawn on historical data?

Then for new ticks from my broker what data I will see in my charts? Combination of old historical and new from my broker?

If I press the download button can somehow revert it to be sure that I see actual broker data?

1. You have to click on the M1 so download button knows which time frame you want. Nothing else has changed.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes. And if you right-click refresh or restart while connected, you will download all available broker data, replacing corresponding history.
  4. Back up your history files before and restore after.

Thanks WHRoeder.
Reason: